Sunday, March 10, 2013

weeks 19, 20, & 21

I have really been slacking on posting updates. I don't even have any excuses. I just forget or when I actually remember and have time, I would rather lay and do nothing than form coherent sentences. I am actually going to list what is new these weeks- I am not sure why I didn't start out doing that. It's easier to read and easier for me to write. So here is what has been going on over the past few weeks:

- The dry blotchy red skin is still there. I really wish it would go away now. 

- I have been having the scariest dreams. I have woken up sobbing multiple times and last week I woke up as I was screaming (legit screaming at the top of my lungs) "HELP!" I wish those would end more than I wish the blotchy skin would go away.

- I can't seem to eat enough McDonald's cheeseburgers (just a plain cheeseburger- and it has to be from McDonald's only). I used to really be a french fry only girl- I didn't care about much else. But now, I can not eat enough of their cheeseburgers and could careless about the fries. I know, gross that I am eating at McDonald's but I can't help myself. And it's not very often- I do limit it. 

- Instead of eating skittles everyday, I have resorted to chewing sugar free fruity gum. I feel like that is better for me than all the skittles. So maybe I am making up for the McDonald's with that choice? Or not. Whatever. 

- I have stopped wearing my wedding rings. Not because they don't fit, but because the dry, blotchy skin is also on my hands and when I wear any rings at all it gets even more irritated and I get a bigger rash. 

- My belly has been really itchy- as it gets bigger and bigger. 

- When my mom and sister were visiting we stopped at Target one night to get a few things for breakfast for the next morning and we also decided to head down the ice cream aisle for a little dessert that night. My choice? Raspberry Sherbet. WHO AM I??? 

- Baby G is kicking a ton! He kicks throughout the day, and I LOVE feeling it. Lee hasn't been able to feel it yet because every time the baby is kicking and Lee runs over and gets his hand on my belly, the baby stops. Soon enough he will be able to feel it though, I can't wait to share that with him. Because it really is so amazing. Every time he kicks, I tell anyone who is near me and will listen. :) 

- We can not agree on a name. Lee thinks we should name him Indiana after Indiana Jones. I think maybe we will save that idea for our first family dog. Not our first child. 

- I haven't been sick in a while. I switched my prenatal vitamins a few weeks ago and that has made a huge difference. Overall, I have been feeling so much better!

- I have been having such bad heartburn. No matter what I eat, I get it. It is SO painful. I especially hate waking up in the middle of the night with it. Awful.

- I think that's all. I am having a hard time remembering things so I could very well be forgetting something that has changed significantly- but for now, I've got nothing. 

Here are some bump pictures:

week 19:

(don't judge me for still having Christmas cards up in February)







week 20 (halfway there!):


it's so weird to look down and see this:



(super cute hat from auntie h)







week 21:



5 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffany! It's Laura, Sarah's friend from high school. I love reading these because my cousin is pregnant (and due any second!) and it's so funny how similar you are. I wanted to recommend CeraVe lotion for your rash. It works miracles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I will have to check it out- I will try anything at this point!! I hope everything goes smoothly with your cousin- such an exciting time! :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the photos! Love the striped skirt and also love Christmas card photos up all year round. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wanted to let you know, i plan on walking around with my hand on your belly at all times whenever i am with you so i can feel the kicks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing. I love all your stories. A part of me is jealous. Oh how I love being pregnant. Love? Loved. LOVED being pregnant. (Don't need to start that rumor!)

    ReplyDelete