Tuesday, March 26, 2013

weeks 22 and 23

Here are a few updates:


- I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and everything is looking good. My next appointment is in April where I will have an ultrasound, take a glucose test, and meet with the doctor.


- The nightmares have stopped, but the weird dreams haven't. Sometimes I wake up in the morning feeling really confused/stressed because of a strange dream I had that night. While I slept all night, I wake up exhausted because of the odd/stressful dream. I have one of those about once a week- so it isn't too bad. And I would take that over a nightmare any day.

- I have been craving sweets a lot more in these past two weeks. In the beginning, I wasn't craving sweets at all. In fact, I threw candy away that wasn't getting eaten. But now I day dream about boston cream donuts and Reese's peanut butter Easter eggs. More than I would pre-pregnancy (I have always loved sweets). It takes some serious will power to not cave and eat one of each every day. Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I definitely fail.

- I am having the hardest time making sure I am eating enough vegetables. I really really don't enjoy them. I force myself to eat some each day- but I'm definitely not eating as many as I should be.

- In week 23 I cut over 12 inches off of my hair.  I haven't had short hair since 2007, and I felt like I needed a change. I was really beginning to feel so drab, and pulling my hair back into a pony tail each day didn't help matters any.  I felt like I needed something shorter and stylish so that I was forced to do something to it that wouldn't take me hours to do. As soon as my hair dresser cut the pony tail off, I instantly loved it. I am still adjusting to seeing myself, but I think it is a good change for now.

- Last Monday night I got home from work, made dinner and was relaxing on the couch when all of a sudden my back really started hurting. I figured it was from carrying Jack (the one year old I nanny) and laid down in hopes that it would go away after resting. No such luck. I didn't sleep AT ALL on Monday night or Tuesday night. In fact, I was in so much pain on Tuesday night- at 4 am, I seriously thought I needed to go to the ER. It hurt so bad- no matter what position I was in. I tried laying in all different positions I could think of, standing, walking, sitting, stretching (I googled it and found some yoga stretches to try), I even took a shower in hopes that might help. Nothing. I texted my chiropractor (who are also our friends) the next morning and they told me to come in that morning. So I did and I was there for an hour. They were so thorough and gave me the BEST care ever. I left feeling so so so much better. It was amazing. My back still hurt, but it was a dull ache and bearable, and I was able to sleep through the night (yay for me and for Lee!). I have continued to go to the chiropractor almost daily so that we can fully correct the problem and I can be as close to feeling better as possible. It has been over a week and my back feels a whole lot better, praise the Lord!

- Ever since the back pain I had last week, I have been feeling petrified to give birth. I seriously can't think about it for more than 10 seconds. Because if my back hurt that bad and I felt that miserable- how on earth am I going to be strong enough to give birth? So I think it might be best if he just stayed inside my belly for a while longer. Or forever. Because I'm pretty sure I won't be able to get him out.


Here are some bump pictures for your viewing pleasure.

week 22:





week 23:








 Before and after my hair cut:


2 comments:

  1. Honestly during the pain you just want him out because you know that he is what's causing the pain and after you are do overjoyed and overwhelmed with love that you forget about it. No worries. You will do amazing!!

    ReplyDelete