Thursday, May 16, 2013

weeks 27, 28, 29, 30, & 31

I know- it's been a while. I had every intention to post when I got home from CT, but somehow it has been almost two weeks since then and I have yet to write down what's been happening here. After a few "reminder" texts, I figured I better get a post or two up. :)



So here is what's been happening:

- My heartburn has increased significantly. I have been talking with my doctor frequently about how to remedy it to the best of our ability. Thankfully, this week (week 31) I think we have reached a bit of a solution, for now.

- I have been SO forgetful. I can't remember the littlest things. For example, I will want to look something up online so I walk over and pick up my lap top. By the time I have it open, I have NO IDEA what I wanted to look up. And it doesn't come back to me, even if I go back to what I was doing prior to picking up my lap top. I literally make mental to do lists to get through each day- "put carrots back in the fridge, then go switch the laundry". I take my days in 5 minute spans like that so I do my best to remember to get most things done.

- I am incredibly thankful that I am sleeping most nights. It has become a lot more uncomfortable, and I move around quite a bit and I get up a few times each night thanks to the squished bladder. But, I sleep and I'm trying to savor that now while I can. Lee laughs at me now because within the past few weeks, as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out cold. He also says that I have started snoring, but I am not sure I believe that. (But how would I really know? I guess I just don't want to believe that one.)

- My back pain has been consistent- it is very uncomfortable. But thankfully, I go to an amazing chiropractor and they help correct anything that may need it.

- I have recently noticed that I have been having a hard time getting my thoughts out clearly. Lee and I were at the store getting our crib and I had a question for the employee who was helping us and I couldn't get what I wanted to say out clearly. The employee and Lee were just looking at me and I knew I wasn't making sense, I seriously had to close my eyes and start over again.  My second attempt wasn't much better but I think the employee was slowly starting to comprehend what I was trying to say. Thankfully.

-As each week passes, I am feeling more and more enormous. That's not the best feeling- or the most comfortable. But I am so thankful it means our boy is growing. :)

- Sometimes, it feels like I have a ton of bricks on my chest and it makes it hard to breathe.

- I absolutely love watching baby G move! Feeling and seeing him kick and move his body around is my favorite thing. I don't always love when he kicks my ribs, but I must admit even those kicks make me happy because it reminds me of the miracle growing inside of me.

- I am becoming increasingly more afraid of the labor/delivery process. I am trying to educate, and stay calm the best I can. But, it is scary. Especially when I have never done it before and can not mentally prepare for it like I wish I were able to.

- Food I am loving: boston cream donuts (still), ice cream (this is new this pregnancy), oreos and milk, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chicken devon (thanks h!), and egg and cheese on a whole wheat english muffin. (I of course limit all the sweets I am loving.)

- Foods I struggle to eat: vegetables. It is a daily struggle for me to force veggies down. A battle- an all out battle that I don't look forward to. I do it, but it's not fun. I am pretty much open to everything else.

- I will put up a separate post for our shower, but I will quickly say it was AMAZING and one of the best weekends I have ever had.

- We bought and put together the crib. That made it all feel very real!

- I think that's all. I could very well be forgetting something, but overall I have been feeling pretty good and I don't have many complaints.


week 27:

week 28: 

(same shirt- left is February, right is April)


end of week 28 (I don't have any from week 29):


week 30:



week 31:




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! I love reading these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great update, pretty Momma! Love that jeans outfit!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete