Sunday, January 20, 2013

the flutter

My mom told me a few weeks ago that when the baby moves, it is a different kind of feeling- that it would feel like a flutter, almost like a butterfly, and that at first I wouldn't know that it was the baby. But once I realized that it was the baby moving I would also realize that I had been feeling it for a short time- unaware of what it was.

Today, was that day. I was skyping with my mom and I felt this feeling in my lower abdomen. It felt like a pulse almost, and I realized I had been feeling it for about a week or so. Remembering what my mom had told me, I interrupted her, and I explained what I felt and asked if that was the baby. She said it was. I got so excited! It was the first time I felt the baby move and realized that it was the baby! It really does feel like something is fluttering inside of you. I can't wait to feel it again- the movement of our sweet miracle inside of me. It is such a special feeling- I can't even fully describe what it is like and what emotions it causes. But just like the little life itself, it feels miraculous. And I am so thrilled. And I miss feeling it. And I wish I knew it was the baby sooner so I could have thoroughly enjoyed each time I felt it up until now.

I think it is also important to note that I felt the baby flutter after I ate a cup of chocolate pudding. That must mean that the baby already likes chocolate just like his/her momma, and Nana, and Aunts...and the list goes on.  :)




As for how I have been feeling lately- my "morning" sickness has stayed the same, unfortunately. I am still repulsed by most foods and find carbs to be the easiest to eat/the only food I can really stand the thought of. I had a brutal stomach bug last week that lasted 3+ days. I felt absolutely awful, wasn't sleeping, and at first I wasn't sure if it was a new pregnancy symptom or a virus. I called the doctor and they advised me, after 24+ hours, that I should go to my primary care doctor as it was probably a virus. So I did and learned that it was a virus and not an infection, and that most importantly the baby was healthy. Today is Sunday, and I am just starting to feel close to 100% better.

I appreciate all the prayers that were sent our way this week, I know a lot of our family and friends knew I wasn't well and I felt the prayers on Thursday night for sure. I am so grateful for such a loving support system- no matter how far away we may live!


Love you all!
T, Lee, and baby G

5 comments:

  1. love this! so exciting that you can feel it now. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I can't even imagine! (and I like Baby G's style!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best feeling in those entire 9 months!! So glad you're starting to feel better. Wish I was there to help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fluttering will soon get even more intense and you'll be able to recognize body parts moving around inside of you.. it's pretty amazing. and will get you through the tougher moments of pregnancy. love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss feeling "the baby" in my belly! Cherish it!!! So glad you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete