Wednesday, March 14, 2018

2018, Week 10 (March 4-10)

Sunday, March 4


I had a training session this morning because I had to cancel mine earlier in the week when I was sick. After that, I came home and spent the majority of the afternoon cleaning. We went to our group again, but after Jack had another night of not doing well in childcare we decided joining a group is not the best choice for us right now.  


Lee got Jack dressed this day, and every time I looked at him I laughed. 


Monday, March 5




After we picked Luca up from school this day, we went right to a doctor's appointment for Jack. We had some time in between carpool and the appointment but we didn't have enough time to go home. So, I packed a lunch and some extra snacks and we had a car picnic in the doctor's office parking lot. 


Luca thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the front seat. 


Monkey see Monkey do.


There was a lot of waiting involved at this appointment. From getting there early, to the doctor running very late. We sat and waited a lot. When the doctor walked in and apologized for the wait Luca announced "Yeah! It was looong!" (Which caught me so off guard, because I hadn't mentioned the wait time once!) After the doctor left, I had to explain to Luca what it looks like to be patient and how to extend grace towards others, regardless of circumstance. I am thankful for the teachable moment, but if I am being completely honest it wasn't easy. I wanted to chime in and say "I know! The wait is long, the doctor came in for two seconds, then we had more waiting! Ridiculous!" But instead I had to practice what I was preaching. Extend grace Tiffany, be patient. Show love. Regardless of circumstance. Parenting is funny sometimes, those teachable moments go both ways and get you when you least expect it. 


Luca did a really nice job entertaining us (and himself) singing the PJ Masks theme song over and over again. He asked me to record it so I did. And then we would watch what I recorded. And repeat. 

At one point I told Luca the words to the song since he didn't know them and his entire face fell. He looked so appalled and disappointed at my interruption. And I felt like the worst mom ever. Lesson learned, let him sing his made up words in place of the lyrics. 



Keeping Jack contained while waiting for as long as we did was not easy. Or fun. For either of us. 


My "let's stay still and calm" bribe was almost gone. 


(All those bunny crumbs! We ate way too many crackers while waiting. But it kept him contained!) 


How we all felt by the time we got home. We got home at almost 4:30, but I still put both boys down for naps/rest time. Momma needed a break! 


Tuesday, March 6



Lee put some much needed WD40 on the office doors because they were getting super hard to open and close. Unfortunately, they are now so easy to open that we can no longer keep Jack out. Which makes work days fun since he likes to "visit" often. I put that tote in front of the doors to keep him out. It doesn't stop him from trying though. Cute, determined boy. 




Luca wrote a new letter this day with no help from anyone and came running to show me. I feel so incredibly blessed that on days where I have to work, I still get to be home for moments like this. 


Jack and Luca both ate tacos for dinner this night. Luca tried a hard shell taco with guacamole, meat, and cheese. He ate two bites of it and decided he wasn't a fan. I was so proud of him for trying though, it was HUGE progress for him. Jack also ate deconstructed tacos (meat, beans, cheese, and guacamole). He was a huge fan. Once he realized what the green stuff was, he could not eat enough of it. He devoured his entire dinner as if he had never eaten before. Which made me so happy to see. I am so proud of their progress. Slow and steady! 



Wednesday, March 7



Lee had the day off this day because we had morning dentist appointments. After my appointment, I spent most of the afternoon at the mall doing some shopping. 


Meanwhile, at home....

Heather arrived this night and she came over for dinner and to see the boys. 


Thursday, March 8



I worked this day but Auntie H came with my dad to watch/play with the boys. 




I had a longer than usual break in my work day while waiting on something so I snuck out to be with my people for a few minutes. 


Auntie Heather always comes up with the most fun games- here they were ice fishing. 


She caught a big one! 



She also comes with the most fun toys! 


After I finished work, I left and went to the Anthropologie spring fashion show. My dad and H stayed late to watch the boys for me until Lee got home from work. 





Friday, March 9


I spent a large portion of this morning on the phone with insurance. Again. And after that we went and picked up Auntie H and went to Starbucks and Trader Joe's. And Nothing Bundt Cake, because we were right next to it so how could I not?! 

After we got back from Trader Joe's we ate lunch and I put the boys down for naps. While they were down for naps, H and I had the best conversation. It was such nice time together, time I am so grateful for. I also showed her how I curl my hair and showed her on her hair. Which is ironic because I am the last person who should be giving curling iron lessons but I offered and she accepted (maybe because she felt bad saying no). 



We went to my parents after naps. Mom got out of work a bit early and they made everyone dinner. Lee joined us after he got home from work. 



Pops was outside grilling. Jack just had to go out with him. Two things Jack is obsessed with: being outside and his pops. 



Blurry, but I love this one! 



Saturday, March 10


Heather met me this am and we walked up to the fitness center and worked out together. Which was the best. 


Living that Ugg life. 


Jack was napping and I was getting ready in my bathroom. Luca came walking in, "Hey mom! Look at me!" Which, of course, made me laugh out loud. 


Luca is such a good brother. He loves going in to get Jack after his naps. He will climb into his crib, take his sleep sack off, and then get toys for them to play with together. They usually end of jumping up and down and throwing toys out of the crib, but the laughs they have together are truly the best. 


Daddy got his haircut (looking so handsome) and the boys were thrilled upon his return. 


After Lee got home, H and I ran out to Marshalls. 


When we got home, Sarah had arrived! Couch time with my sisters- both of them at the same time was the greatest gift. We also all went to church together this night and there is just something about going to church with (most of) my people that brings my heart such joy. 


After church, Luca requested oatmeal for dinner. It was a little messy so he put Jack's bib on and we all had a good laugh. And then I also silently cried inside because how is he not one anymore?!

1 comment:

  1. What a great week! Lookin' cute for that fashion show, miss! And I loved seeing H's face and games in your photos. I miss that woman!! xo
    Oh PS - I need those tacos now!

    ReplyDelete