Monday, March 12, 2018

2018, Week 9 (Feb 25- March 3)

Sunday, February 25



Jack was looking so big (tall) standing in his crib this day. 






Luca loves his waffle with extra extra peanut butter in the morning. He also likes to eat only the middle of the waffle and not the "crust" so his face often looks like this when he is done. 

We spent this morning and early afternoon at home. I worked for a few hours on a new project. 


Jack has been struggling a bit with anxiety when it's time to leave/he thinks someone is leaving. I am not sure why but this day we were packing up to meet some friends and he was very anxious. Almost as if he thought we would leave without him. Luca immediately picked up on it, stopped what he was doing, sat on the floor near him and said, "What? What is it honey? it's ok. I'm right here. I'm right here." And he put out his arms to hug him, and Jack walked right into his arms and instantly calmed down. And then he laid there on him for a good amount of time while Luca continued to reassure him. I was so blown away at Luca's kindness as well as his intuition. He has the sweetest heart for others. Luca stopping and going over to him was also such a huge reminder for me- packing the bag to get out the door was not more important than providing Jack the comfort that he needed in that moment. I tell you what, these kids of ours teach us so much. 


After we met up with some friends, we went to our new egroup. They were starting this series which Meg had just told me about a few days prior so I snapped a picture to send to her. Such ironic timing! 


Monday, February 26



I always unintentionally match the boys and I don't realize it until they're both dressed and downstairs. I was laughing at myself this day and tried to snap a photo but they weren't into it. Not at the same time at least. 


Jack is so happy but looking down, Luca smiled for one photo and felt that was enough. 


I got Jack to look! But then Luca decided to look down. 


The cold I started to get over the weekend got a lot worse this day. I was wiped for some reason- the cold itself wasn't as bad as the lethargy. So we stayed home all day except for dropping/picking up Luca at school, and I spent all nap times in bed. I was thankful for good nap times this day. 


I love watching him play. Especially when he is still long enough to watch! 


Jack started to say "Luca" this day in a new way. He had been saying "dada" for both daddy and Luca which was a bit confusing. Today he started saying "lll-da!"


Sweet snuggles while daddy brought home dinner so momma didn't have to cook. I was supposed to get groceries this am because we were out of food but since I was down for the count I didn't make it to the store.


Tuesday, February 27



My dad snapped this picture of Jack while he was watching the boys. I love it and see so much of me in him here. 


Coloring together. 




Nana came over after work this day and wrestled with the boys, which they both loved. They adore their Nana. 


Wednesday, February 28



I thought I was feeling better on Tuesday, but I ended up being up most of the night not feeling well so this day was another day at home. And another day of not getting to the grocery store (thankfully, my sweet husband went out to grab a few items on Monday night after he bathed and put the boys to bed).


After we pick Luca up from school, we come home and Jack and I eat lunch and Luca usually sits with us and eats a snack or colors (since he eats lunch at school). I love these lunches together with them. 



I love Luca's creating face. He is so focused. I could just eat him right up. 


Him too! 


Artwork. I am such a cliche parent because I literally want to frame it all. 



He clearly felt so cool (and beyond excited) to wear Luca's shirt. 


Bath time shenanigans with daddy. 


Thursday, March 1



Pajama day at Luca's school for Dr. Seuss' birthday. Jack heard me say "smile" as he was walking by so, naturally, he stopped and posed too. 


Post work snuggles. I still wasn't feeling well so I think daddy brought home dinner again this night. 


Friday, March 2



I was feeling better this morning so I finally made it to the store. Before we went, I spent a large chunk of time on the phone dealing with insurance (how I seem to spend most of my days off lately) so after what I thought would be a quick call, I had two very eager boys ready to get out the door. We had a Starbucks date first. I told Luca he would share his treat with Jack. As soon as we sat down he took the cookie and split it in half and gave one half to Jack. I didn't remind him or have to fix how he cut the cookie- he did it all himself and he did it perfectly. He is the best big brother.


Earlier in the week Luca called Nana and somehow he thought that she was going to come over so he announced "OK! Cancel my day, I am having a date with Nana!" It was hysterical! Until he realized that she wasn't able to come right then (which he graciously understood). So on Friday, she canceled her afternoon and got out of work way early and surprised Luca for a date. He was shocked and (clearly) beyond thrilled. He has a very special place in his heart for his Nana. 










After they left, Jack napped. When Lee got home from work, we all went to my parents for pizza. While we waited for daddy to get home from work, Jack and I danced around the kitchen to Sonny & Cher. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was dancing around the kitchen with Luca and I whispered my love for him in his ear (and also to always remember who his very first dancing partner was). 




Pops was teasing Jack about his new chair and making us all laugh. 




Saturday, March 3



Soccer was so cold this day. It was really windy, the kind of wind that took your breath away. During his water break, Luca got a little bit emotional because it was scaring him that he wasn't able to breathe. After I gave him a little pep talk, he ran right back onto the field and finished the entire practice like a champ- no complaining or anything. I was so proud. 


After soccer we all ran to Target, then we came home for lunch and for Lee to work a bit. While Lee worked and after his rest time, Luca colored in a new coloring book Grandpa and GP sent him. 





More kitchen dancing after we got home from church. 


1 comment:

  1. So glad for all the dinner-help as you weren't feeling well. Love the Luca-Nana love and also Luca's tender-heart for his brother and attuning. Must have melted you!! Sweet boy. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete