Wednesday, March 21, 2018

2018, Week 11 (March 11-17)

Sunday, March 11



This morning I had some adult tasks to take care of (read: paying bills), so while Lee went for a walk and showered and Jack napped, Sarah played with Luca. First she drew (a pretty impressive) Chase that Luca colored. 




Then they built the coolest fort! And they colored some more inside it. They spent almost the entire morning in that fort!  


Some fort decor. 


Book nook within the fort. 





Then Jack woke up and joined in on the fort fun. 


After that, Sarah and I showered and got ready and we all ran to Target. After Target, we went out for pizza. 

After I got out of the shower, I was feeling really funny. I am not sure why, I just felt overcome with emotion. So, I put on Reckless Love by Cory Asbury, and worshipped Jesus for a few minutes, by myself in my room. I tell you what, no only did it fill me with peace to spend time like that with Jesus, but I was overflowing with joy. Like, the whole evening we were out, I was in the silliest, happiest mood. I'm so grateful for a God who loves us so deeply and meets us where we are at and gives us what we need. I am also so grateful for that song, because every time I listen I have to stop and worship. SO.GOOD.


Back seat life. 



Monday, March 12


This morning, I registered Luca for Kindergarten. I can not believe it is that time already. It feels like just yesterday that he was a newborn and Meg was sending Mason to K and I was crying in bed thinking about ever having to send Luca. Oh my heart. And here we are. I cried as Jack and I pulled out of the school, I don't know how I will be able to actually drop him off this fall. 



Luca walked out of school this day wearing his hat, which made me laugh out loud. I keep the hat in his backpack all the time, in case he gets cold at recess and needs it. He never wore the hat, except for this day. A day that wasn't really hat weather appropriate- it wasn't warm but it definitely wasn't cold. 

The hat quickly turned into a game of peek a boo. 



After multiple attempts with avocado toast, this day Jack ate it! It started with him touching it to move it out of his way. The avocado was stuck on his fingers and as he ate his blueberries he tasted the avocado. Once he did that and realized, he started scraping the avocado off the toast with his finger and into his mouth. Then he picked up the toast and started devouring it! Felt like a huge win! 






Messy face! 


While the boys napped, I blogged. But maybe I should've napped with them. 


After naps, the boys played while I folded some laundry. They both love when Luca gets in there and brings in all sorts of toys. 



They also like to jump, fall, laugh, repeat. 




I was making dinner this night (which, is no easy task with adventurous Jack attack), and I could no longer see Jack because he was on the floor behind a chair (from my view in the kitchen). I also couldn't hear him. It was probably around 3-5 seconds before I realized it was too quiet, so I walked over to see that he figured out how to open the box of bunnies (that he couldn't previously do on his own) and he was shoving them into his mouth. It was like he knew, "I need to eat these as fast as I can before she realizes!" He had so many in his mouth at once and was shoving more in as I walked over. HOW?! In 5 seconds?! 


Tuesday, March 13



While Sarah was here this week she worked every week day, some for my mom, some for me, and some on her book. We shared the office on the days I worked too. We didn't talk much, since we were working, but it was still so nice knowing she was beside me. 





Being silly after his bath.


Luca asked Auntie if they could go on a date after Jack went to bed. So they printed pictures and colored together. And I am pretty sure she snuck him a cookie or two also. 



After the boys were both in bed, Sarah and I worked together on my new project until I was too tired to keep going. 


Wednesday, March 14



My view on my way home from my training session this morning. Daylight savings means I don't get to see the sunrise as I walk home.


Sarah didn't work this day, so after we dropped Luca off at school we drove up to the chiropractor. 


When I have to go to the bathroom...


I took the stool and flipped it upside down thinking he it would stop him from climbing on top of it. Boy was I wrong. 



After the boys naps this day, Auntie took Luca on a date to the library. 


And Jack was sad to not be able to go too. 




Jack was sick/teething this week. When he is sick he is extra feisty. He is pretty bold, fearless, adventurous, curious on a regular basis. But when he is sick and overtired he is all those things with a side of feisty times 10. The entire week was exhausting, to be honest. 


So while they went to the library, I tried to put a TV show on for him. It worked for about 45 seconds. Just long enough for me to snap this photo. 

(Note the chairs up on the couch to prevent climbing. He can climb and sit on them just fine on his own, the problem is that he doesn't just sit on them. He climbs up, gets down, and repeat. And when you do it that many times you sometimes fall, lose your balance, etc. So now those chairs sit on the back of my couch.)


Then, I tried Blippi because I kept hearing about how kids Jack's age love him. And it worked! For TEN minutes!!!


Post library couch reads, snuggled up to those white chairs. 


Daddy was making Jack laugh so hard, and watching those two interact is the very best. I love seeing Lee fully embrace his role as "dad". I know I have said it before, but I will say it again. He is the best dad. 





Thursday, March 15


On the way to drop Luca off at school this morning, I asked Sarah to put Luca's song of choice on for me. In doing so, she looked at a playlist I made entitled "t time". My intention was for that playlist to be songs that I listen to without kids around. We both had a good laugh about the fact that there were only two songs in it and how telling that was to the stage of motherhood I'm currently in. Clearly, I don't have very much "t time". 


I was talking with my dad and Sarah got started working. Determined Jack figured out how to open the office doors with the tote blocking them and snuck in some Auntie snuggles, which Auntie then used for some quality selfie time. 


How he looks up at her kills me. My boys are so lucky to have someone that sacrifices her time and energy and resources to drive to see them simply because she wants to know them. That never loses its significance on me, even now, 4.5 years later. 




We put a kettlebell by the tote to hopefully make the doors harder to open. No such luck with our strong boy. 


He pushed right through to get to his Momma! 



Unfortunately for Jack, this did the trick and he can no longer open the doors. Doesn't stop him from trying though! 


After work, Lee grilled steaks while I cooked the rest of dinner and Auntie played tag with the boys. 






Friday, March 16


This morning we woke Auntie up since it wasn't a school day and we were all still home. Jack decided he wanted some morning kisses. 


Then Luca followed suit. 



And then Jack needed another. 


So, Luca did too. 


Sarah worked for a bit this morning and we just hung out. 



We were both peeking in to see if Auntie was done. 


It was so nice out, so we brought a bunch of toys out back to play. I got a metal sliver while trying to fix that soccer goal, so Auntie took over. 


We packed a lunch and headed to my mom's office so that we could say goodbye to Jenn, one of my mom's employees that got a new job. We ate lunch with them and hung out for a bit. Jack, of course, acted like he owned the place. 



After lunch, we came home for naps/rest time. I was able to sit and talk with Sarah which was so nice. Then we Facetimed Amy for a "business" meeting. After the boys woke up, we headed back outside because it was so, so nice out.









After playing outside, we took the boys shirts off because they were so warm. This is when Jack really discovered a new found love for his belly button. When Luca was his age, he discovered his belly button during a topless (for Luca only) dance party. Both Heather and Sarah were there for it, so we had been talking about how we couldn't wait for Jack to discover it. Seeing Luca find it was probably one of my favorite memories. So we all looked forward to the day Jack did. Jack however, found his belly button and it wasn't super exciting. He knew it was there and all but wasn't thrilled about it like Luca had been. Until this day. 


He was in awe. 



"Auntie, you have one too?! Let me see!" 


"Can I touch it?"



"This is the best."



"Mom, do you have one??" 


"Wait, this isn't a belly button!" 


"There it is!" 




Luca, of course, wanted to end this moment with a hug. Shocker. 



And of course, a comparison photo. 


My mom really wanted to see the new movie I Can Only Imagine this day because March 16th was my Papa's birthday. And seeing that specific movie on his birthday was so fitting. So Sarah and I met my parents and their friends after Lee got home from work. (Also, a brand new movie theater opened down the road from us and they opened a few hours before our movie time so we were one of the very first movie goers.)


Saturday, March 17



Early morning coloring before soccer. 


It had started pouring around 9, but stopped as soon as we got to the soccer field. 



Cheering on his teammates, "go score a goal!"


After soccer, I took Luca to a play date with some boys from his class and Sarah headed back to Nashville. After the play date we grabbed lunch and stopped at my favorite store to pick out a gift for Lynn. When we got home, we ate lunch with Daddy and Jack and then the boys went down for rest time. I so badly wanted to take a nap also, I was so tired. But instead, I went to the fitness center. I was so proud of myself! 


After the boys naps, we went over to my parents house because the Famiglietti's were driving through  and spending the night at my parents. This day also happened to be Lynn's birthday, so we celebrated with her. It was such a special, fun night and such a treat to be able to see them all. 









Sweet friends. 







No comments:

Post a Comment