Monday, April 9, 2018

2018, Week 13 (March 25-31)

Sunday, March 25


Luca came into our room this morning and snuggled, as usual. But this day, he started telling me how much he loved me and when he was finishing he said, "you're my best, sweet girl." And then I cried a little. Or a lot. 


This morning I made pancakes for breakfast. I tried the Simple Mills mix for the first time and we all (except Lee) loved it. So, so good! 



The boys love to look out the back doors and observe nature. We often point out animals we see, discuss the weather and the plants, etc. It is usually something that happens at least once a day. 


We all ran to the mall after Jack's am nap to make a quick exchange for the boys' Easter outfits. When we were at the mall I started to really not feel well. My neck hurt pretty badly and I was dizzy and couldn't think or see straight. So we left the mall and went right back home so I could lay down in bed. After laying in bed with my eyes closed for a few hours I was feeling much better. I was bummed to miss a good chunk of time with my boys, but I know they had fun outside with Lee. 



Feeling better and making dinner. 


I snapped that photo because it occurred to me that life as a right handed person is not the same as it is for a left handed person. Luca moved the soap on the sink, I always keep it on the left side but one day I saw it sitting on the right side.  I think it's easier for my lefty to use that way. When I asked him about it, he also explained that if the soap falls when he is getting it (which, I think it fell a lot since it was awkward for him to use on that side), it is easier for him to pick up off the floor on the right side than the left (and he won't hit his head). 


Monday, March 26



Living his best life, sitting in that chair. 


Jack and I went to a chiro appointment this am. When we drive up to the chiropractor, Jack misses his am nap. At lunch this day, he was so tired, but had to eat all the cheese. 



When Jack is eating food he likes, he asks for me before he is even done with what's in front of him. Like "please don't run out! I love this stuff! I need more of it in my life!" Can anyone relate to that struggle? 


Luca built this lego set all by himself during rest time following the directions. It was his first time doing that (creating based on directions) all on his own. He was so proud and so excited to show me. I will never forget the look on his face - he was beaming with pride waiting for me to react. We made a video and took pictures to send to daddy. 


I was meeting my mom this evening so I made sure I bathed the boys early so Lee didn't have to do the entire bed time routine by himself. (Hence the pajamas mid day.) Jack was really into trying to build those legos- which now as I am looking back, is probably because he heard Luca built legos himself. I didn't even pick up on that until now! 


The cutest face! 


Jack was really into clicking his tongue this week. He did it a lot. 


And was very into taking selfies by himself too, apparently! 




Pajama hangs waiting for dinner to cook. 


Tuesday, March 27



I tried to use Jack's food as a way to get him to look at me and smile but he just wanted to eat it. I mean, I don't blame him. 


Work visitor. 


I finished work early this day, so my dad left before Jack woke up. He had gotten each boy a sticker when he voted that morning so he left Jack's for him. Jack was very into the sticker. 


After dinner, I took Luca with me to go vote this night. The vote was whether or not Indian Land (our sect of Fort Mill) should be incorporated as it's own town. I explained all about voting to Luca, and he helped me vote. He wasn't very into it, mostly because he wanted to go somewhere fun after we voted. It was "too quick." 


Wednesday, March 28



Jack had his 18 month doctor's appointment this morning. 


Our sweet boy doubled in his height and weight percentiles since his 15 month appointment. Praise the Lord! When his doctor told me he was in the 50th%ile for weight I started crying. All I could think about was where he was back in September, so tiny and dropping in percentiles to where he is today. He has worked so hard! I am such a proud momma, thankful for the Lord's healing touch and hands holding us through those hard months. I am also so thankful for his speech/feeding therapist. We made so much progress in 6 months! 


After the doctor, we ran to TJ's to grab some flowers and a few things we needed. 


Cheese again. I tried offering him a new food this day and he buried it in his cheese. Haha, that still makes me laugh out loud. 


Post lunch dance parties! 





(Sometimes Jack dances so hard he ends up on the floor.) 



I wanted to get a picture of these two in their matching tees, Luca leaned in to get in position for a sweet pose...


...and Jack proceeded to head butt him. Hard. Homeboy likes his personal space!




It was so nice outside so after naps we went out back and played tee ball. 






Just hanging out, holding onto my belly button. 



It's only a matter of time before Jack loses his shirt...and then his pants. He either doesn't like to be hot or really enjoys being naked. Or both. 



Thursday, March 29



Handsome boy. 


Pre-nap selfies. 


They held an Easter egg hunt at Luca's school this day. Luca was really slow to get started. He is definitely not the kid who runs out and gets all the eggs. In fact, I had to encourage him to pick some up at first. When I asked him about it later he told me that he wasn't sure if I wanted him to come give me a hug or if he should start the egg hunt. Poor boy! 

Also, on the way home he told me all the rules of the egg hunt. So I wonder if that played a role in his reluctance too. 
















Always willing to lean in for a tighter shot. 


Going through all the eggs and discovering all the goodies. 




This series of photos is from his first time trying a sour patch candy. At first, he didn't like it and he tried swatting it out of his mouth. And then, suddenly, he declared "Oh I DO like it!" It was the best reaction. I have it recorded, but I don't know how to upload videos yet (Sarah?). 





Lee's mom sent the boys homemade pillow cases for Easter. 



Luca going in for the lean (thankfully, Jack didn't head butt/I knew to tell him not to). 


Jack wondering why he has to be so close. 


Jack may have loved the box more than anything. 


At lunch Jack tried a pouch! Prior to this day, he refused them. He loved playing in it and then licking his fingers as well as drinking right from it. He was a big fan- of both the mess and the flavor. 






While Jack and I ate lunch, Luca introduced Auntie to his new favorite Earth II movie (his favorite segments that he showed her were the dragon fights and racer snakes vs iguanas). 


Her faces were the best. I had to include all the photos I took- they were all too good. It is safe to say that Luca loves these documentaries, and Auntie loves Luca. 













Friday, March 30



Luca has become super into feeding Jack/helping him eat. 



Another naked day over here. 


I offered to plan, shop for, and make the entire Easter dinner. Thankfully, Sarah was willing to help too. We went to the grocery stores this day to get all we needed. 


Lee had the day off, so he played with the boys back at home while we were out (after taking Luca to get an oil change in my car earlier that am- honestly, there is no greater gift than having a husband who takes care of all those things. And fills my tank with gas). 








Lee's sister texted this gem to me, Lee is far left. How did I get so lucky to marry such a star?!



Not into wearing any clothes, but still very into wearing shoes. 



Luca asked Auntie on a date this night, and they decided on building and playing inside a fort. Luca invited me to join them and Auntie said it was ok, so I joined in on the fun. 






Auntie makes the best forts! 


Luca told me Chase was guarding the fort. 


Auntie read Luca his bedtime stories this night too. 

After the boys were in bed, we watched The Greatest Showman together. It was the best movie and it was also so nice to watch it all together (me, Lee, and Sarah). 



Saturday, March 31 



I started this day by going to the gym. I posted the above photo on instagram because that song. I listened to the entire sound track while I worked out because I am obsessed. But also, this song in particular. My chatterbox uses the sharpest words, words that I have believed for far too long. Not anymore! 



Sarah snapped this photo, probably documenting what our house looks like- all the furniture is up and out of Jack's reach. I think I have said it before, but I'll say it again. It isn't the climbing that's the issue, because he does that well. It's the climbing up and then surfing and playing trampoline or going up and down and over, the list goes on. It's those moments- the ones that have made me run so fast while literally call out the name of Jesus asking Him to hold my boy until I can get to him- that now require my house to look like the above. 


We spent the morning playing at home. 





These selfies, hahaha. I die every time I see them. 



Lee sent me this picture while I was upstairs getting ready to head to the park. He said "the difference between our boys." It was a bit chilly out, Jack felt fine in shorts and Luca insisted on a hat and gloves. Me & Lee/Luca & Jack. 


Headed to the park- Sarah always gets the best pictures of Jack's face in his car seat.









Jack insisted on feeding himself his sandwich this day and I thought he looked so cute and grown doing it that I snapped a million pictures. 






After the park, we came home and gave the boys baths and put them down for naps/rest time while we got ready for church. We celebrated Easter by going to church Saturday night, which is a tradition we started years ago in CT and one I still love. Before we left, we attempted to get some photos of us/the boys. It was hard. As usual. 


Sarah came into my room after she was all dressed and Luca looked at her and gasped "Auntie! You look beautiful!" And then it was like he was in an auntie trance because he couldn't stop telling me how beautiful she was, how much he loved her shoes, and then he insisted on being close to her. Which was super sweet until we needed him for some family photos. 


We attempted family photos first but they did not go well. Then we tried to take some of the boys, also didn't go well so we moved them to the chair. Not much improved once we were there. 

Jack insisted on holding those shoes. I had high top converse picked out for his outfit but he refused to put them on. He only wanted those pumas. Not on his feet though, in his hands. 









I did manage to get that sweet photo, which I adore. I just had to crop Jack's wild feet out, but their faces! 


Then, once Jack was done in the chair we tried standing pictures again. Only this time, he needed the shoes on and had to wear the sunglasses. 








When taking photos with Luca, he worked so hard to put his arm around my shoulders. I could feel his arm stretching as far as it could go and I was DYING inside. He is the sweetest lovey. 


Luca remained consistent the entire photoshoot. Not only that, but he incorporated some serious poses in. His crossed legs here kill me. He also crossed his legs in some of the sitting pictures. 


Luca is so cooperative and always tries to get close to Jack- either by leaning in towards him or attempting to put his arm around him. Jack was smiling in these, but it was his fake photo smile that makes it look like he is in pain. 






My love. 



This series- we were about 15 minutes in and it was time to go and it was a struggle. And Jack insisted on holding the sunglasses and kept trying to put them on himself (which, as evidenced above, I was afraid he was going to poke his eye). 



That photo above, KILLS ME. The live photo version is the best- everyone is done and I am throwing in the towel with a deep sigh and shoulder shrug. 




On our way to church. 


I love going to church on holidays. My very favorite sermon, one I still think about almost daily, Pastor Steven preached one Easter a few years ago. I will be honest and say I didn't always go to church on holidays expectant, until now. 


Attempting more photos after church. 




Luca did so well with all the photos- before and after church. Until this series. I have no idea what he is doing but Jack is giving the best smiles! 










Finally! Got a good one! 



Going in for the lean. Jack is eating his "smile for pictures" bribe. 





The foot cross!





Jack was willing to stand in photos with Auntie and Luca as long as no one tried to touch him. Luca, however, insists on sitting on her lap. 





Attempting family photos one last time. Jack was needing some milk first. 


So Luca ran to grab it. 


Mission accomplished! Literally, the last photo we took. 


1 comment:

  1. The photo series still kills me...especially when I think of the live versions! And Sarah's documentary faces. And Jack's selfies!! <3

    ReplyDelete