Wednesday, April 25, 2018

2018, Week 16 (April 15-21)

Sunday, April 15

I felt a lot better this day, so I tackled emptying the fridge. Which was full of all the food I had prepped the week before. That I didn't eat. 


Luca had been talking about how he ate pizza with "green specks" and at first he said he didn't want to eat it but then he tried it and he loved it so much (insert dramatic hand motion and tone of voice). (He ate it on one of the days I was sick and wasn't downstairs.) So when we were at Target this day he insisted on getting it again. It was nice to see what he was talking about because for the life of me I couldn't picture what pizza with green specks looked like. 


He and daddy built and painted that truck this day. 



Monday, April 16 


Jack and I ran to the mall this day to try and find him something to wear for his dedication. We got there before it opened so we hung out in the car for a bit. 


I felt like I was having such a good hair day (day 3!) this day so I took multiple selfies to send to my sister. 


Lately, I have been really proud and honored to be a part of the global church. I keep seeing or hearing about people who need prayer, so I pray. I pray for people that I have never met and will probably never meet this side of Heaven. There is something so powerful about that to me, praying for miraculous healing over lives I don't know but that matter to me as if I did. This is one person that I have been following and praying for since I initially saw her prayer needs a few weeks ago. This day, she was having heart surgery so I screen capped her specific requests so that I could remember what to cover in prayer throughout the day. 



Tuesday, April 17

Today was a regular work day for me. After Lee got home, I went out to meet a bunch of other moms to help prepare things for Teacher Appreciation Week at Luca's school. 


This is the only photo I have from the day. Ending our day laying in bed, him watching a show on his phone while I watch a show on the TV. 




Wednesday, April 18


As I was rushing around the kitchen this morning Luca informed me that he didn't like my hair the way I had it (down, drying naturally). He did a hand motion informing me he liked it more "like this way".  I am still a bit uncertain as to what his hand motions indicated, maybe straight? Less frizzy/more contained? Pulled back? Regardless, it was a great esteem boost. 

This day Jack and I ran to Target after dropping Luca at school, then we went home for a quick am nap. After that, we went to a friends for a birthday lunch. Then we picked Luca up from school. 


I can't seem to stop buying them matching t shirts. 





Jack was not thrilled about how windy it was this day so he spent our entire park trip on my lap. Which, if you know Jack at all and his love for being outside, you know how rare that is. 


Luca, however, was not phased at all by the wind. 



Thursday, April 19


Sarah sent me this song while I was working and I have not stopped listening to it since. 


Luca had graduation pictures taken this day. I am posting the proofs here because we aren't ordering any. I can't believe we will soon have a Kindergartener! 


Hair day today was not looking as good. One side of my hair really held its curl while the other? Took this selfie to send to my sister. And I am posting it here to help me stay humble, apparently? 


My mom called me frantically at 6:45 this evening because she was rushing to get over to see the boys before bed but got stuck in unexpected traffic multiple times. She was almost in tears because she thought she would be too late. I told her not to worry, that we wouldn't start our bedtime routine until she arrived. The boys were so thrilled when they heard her voice. Luca was downstairs with me and went running (as always) and Jack was upstairs with lee and peeked around the corner beaming, as he waited for her to come up the stairs. She played with Jack while I bathed Luca, and then when I put Jack to bed she played with/read to Luca. 




It's a shame they don't have any fun together. 



Friday, April 20


These two are my favorites. 

Friday mornings are usually my favorite because Luca doesn't have school and we can have a slower morning. This morning, however, was anything but slow. Jack had an incredibly full diaper which meant he needed a bath. Luca had gone into his room to play with him before I got in there and realized, and he had put a bunch of toys in the crib and taken Jack's sleep sack off. So I had to clean all the toys, change the sheets, clean the tub after his bath, etc. Which naturally made the start to our day later than normal. Thank the Lord it hadn't been a school day. I probably would've just told Luca he would stay home! 


We met some friends at the park. It was a bit chilly at first, but the longer we were there the warmer it got. 




If you look closely, you can see two brothers sharing some bunny snacks in that train. 

After the park we ran to a bakery, Trader Joe's, and Nothing Bundt Cake to get everything we needed for Jack's dedication the next day. 


After we got home, the boys went down for rest time. After rest time, we hung out until daddy got home with dinner. 




At dinner, we were talking about when we dedicated Luca and scrolling through pictures from it. It feels like just yesterday we dedicated our first baby boy, and now we are about to dedicate our second! 




Saturday, April 21



Just doing some mowing before the dedication. 


Jack's dedication! (Separate post to follow.)


After Jack's dedication celebration, my parents offered to watch the boys while Lee and I ran to the mall for some things we needed. (I didn't need that dress but I sure did love it.)


The boys love hanging with Nana and Pops. 



1 comment:

  1. That dress! So pretty! Love matching siblings. <3 No shame in the sibling-matching game! xo

    ReplyDelete