Monday, April 16, 2018

2018, Week 14 (April 1-7)

Sunday, April 1



Easter Sunday 


Luca's Easter basket


Jack's Easter basket. 

Lee's family always hid their Easter baskets growing up and my family always left the baskets in each child's "spot" at the dining room table. Since we both think hiding the baskets is fun, we have decided to implement that with the boys and I tell you what, Lee loves doing each year (especially now that Luca is a bit older). 


Any guesses what Jack went for first from his basket?! 






Waiting to go over to Nana and Pop's, thinking deeply about something. 


Easter basket goodies at Nana and Pops. Jack, of course, needed to sit in his new chair right away. 





My parents always fill and hide eggs, which is a tradition that Luca looks forward to each year. Nana and Pops fill the eggs with change usually, since we try and limit all the candy we take home. 


Trying to get Jack interested in the egg hunt. 








My parents are really close friends with their neighbors (who have older children), so they asked my parents to hide eggs in their yard too so they could watch. 














Jack looks so old here! 


My sweet husband. 


Steve came over for a bit before we ate. It was so nice to see him!


Checking out what's inside/counting to make sure the boys found them all. 


The golden one was the only one left! It was a bit too high for Luca to reach, and just as my mom walked over to see if he needed help he hit it with his hand and it fell and he picked it up. I was so impressed! Luca is very dependent so it made me happy to see him problem solving like that on his own. 




Luca looks so grown up!



I made this new asparagus recipe and they were amazing. Everyone loved them, or at least they did a real convincing job telling me they did. 


We had prime rib (which was so, so good), twice baked potatoes, over roasted green beans, and honey mustard balsamic asparagus. The meal was delicious. It was a lot of work, and definitely takes away from the day in that I spent a good chunk of the day in the kitchen, but it was worth it. My mom made the prime rib and Sarah and I did all the rest. Apps, sides, and dessert. 

After we were done eating, Jack was napping, Luca was playing, and we all just sat around the table talking. It was probably the best part of the day for me because everyone was joyous and content. And it was really nice to have relaxed, enjoyable adult conversation with my people. 


After dinner, my dad and Lee did the dishes. Luca was reading with Nana, when I walked in and when he saw my phone he got the sweetest grin and asked me to take a video. He sure does love his Nana.



After that, Luca and I (mostly Luca) built some of his new legos. Jack was still napping and the men were still doing the dishes. 






Once all the dishes were done and Jack woke, we had strawberry shortcake/brownies with ice cream for dessert. Jack sat on the table and provided us with some entertainment while we ate. He didn't eat any dessert, but he was happy as could but sitting there with us. 




After dessert, we colored eggs. Last year, Luca colored about three eggs and then was done. So we weren't sure what he would do this year. Turns out he is a big fan now! Jack liked it too- as long as he didn't have to touch anything. 










These boys don't have any idea (not fully) just how blessed they are to have these two in their lives. 







How all of our photos look...





There we go! 


After we got home, we did dinner, baths, bed. Any guesses as to what they're watching?




Twin facial expressions. 


Jack was cracking us up. He was sitting in his chair (with a makeshift ottoman since his chair doesn't recline, though that doesn't stop him from trying to make it recline) and laughing so hard at the TV. It was so endearing and sweet and I loved it. As evidenced by the photos below. 






After the boys went to bed, Lee had a fire and we sat outside by it together. It was so nice and relaxing. 


After the fire, Sarah and I stayed up way too late talking. Which was the best, until it was time to wake up the next morning. 


Monday, April 2



Luca was off from school this week, which was so nice. It was wonderful not having to rush around to get out the door in the mornings. And I just love being around him, so having him home all week felt like such a gift. 


Jack was looking so old to me this day, in this outfit, in those shoes. It feels like just yesterday that Luca was wearing all the clothes that Jack is now starting to fit into. So I get real nostalgic looking at him in certain outfits (read: all outfits) and then take a million photos as if that helps me cope somehow. How do I have two babies?! Two babies that are growing so, so fast. 


Their faces! Looking out the back doors with such serious curiosity. 


I was trying to re-create the photo I have of Luca wearing this outfit. 



(Luca)



They always look so similar to me until I look back at photos of Luca from Jack's age. 


Luca//Jack


Sarah was still visiting this day so she joined us and we drove up to our favorite park where we had a picnic and played. Since it was school vacation, the park was packed! I was so grateful to have Sarah there as an extra set of eyes and hands. The swarms of kids was overwhelming! (One mom lost her toddler at one point.)

We ended up leaving for the park a bit later than I had originally planned because Luca and I (and Jack participated some too) had quite the worship session. Lee texted me a praise report about something at work, something Luca and I had stopped to pray about the previous Thursday. So when I got Lee's text, I told it to Luca and told him we needed to thank God for answering our prayers. So I started praying and then singing and Luca joined in. My heart was not prepared for what followed. Luca continued to worship and pray and declare things (bold, faith filled things) for quite a while. It was the most incredible thing I have ever experienced. Each time we would stop, he would ask if we could start again because he (clearly) wasn't done. 



Jack was not interested in stopping to take a selfie and was really just interested in eating his food. 


This was the best picnic. The weather was perfect, the boys loved it and ate so well/didn't get distracted, there weren't too many bugs, we found a perfect shady spot. I think it may have been my favorite part of the whole day- the conversation was nice and it was peaceful and enjoyable to just be together, outside (and eating Chick Fil A of course). 



After lunch, Luca got up and showed us all of his Transformer moves. 






After the park, we told Luca he could choose any treat he wanted and we would stop on our way home. He picked Duck Donuts. 



After the park we got home and the boys took naps/rested. When they woke up we went back outside and played for quite a while. 


Jack loved his new bubble maker. 


Every time it blew bubbles he would gasp so excitedly. 


And then giggle. 












Luca and Auntie played frisbee for so long. They were both so into it, and were kind and encouraging when the other person made a successful catch. 




Jack and I enjoyed sitting and watching them play. 



After Lee got home from work and we did dinner/baths, he started a fire. We told Luca he could stay up past his bedtime and enjoy it with us this night. He loved that. He didn't love the bugs that swarmed around at night though. 




It was so special to sit and relax with him there too. At around 8:15 he announced he was tired and was ready to go to bed. So I brought him up and he was out within minutes. 


Tuesday, April 3



I told Luca he could have oatmeal for breakfast only to get downstairs and remember we had run out of oatmeal. Which lead to some disappointed tears, right as Lee was walking out the door for work. So I texted him that picture and told him a crisis had been averted. And also that he needed to stop for oatmeal on his way home because Luca was going to be eating it for dinner. 


Texting and driving. 




Off to work! Blowing kisses to Momma!


Blowing another kiss...




Realizing that his hand is now super wet...


Really not thrilled about it...


...so can you please wipe it off mom?!


This was a work day for me, which meant my dad had both boys all day. Luca struggled a bit when I started working. How is a girl supposed to work with that?! (Auntie also left right before I started working so I think he was just a bit more sad in general this morning.)


Today is Amy's birthday! I found some old classics to send to her throughout the day. Gosh, we were so cool. And also, we have 75364763875 photos together. Shout out to Meg for those! 



When going through finding pictures of Amy, I found this one of me and Lee. This was the summer before we got married. We had just gotten engaged and I bought Lee Red Sox tickets for his birthday. I remember this day so vividly, it was so much fun plus wearing my new diamond in public was so exciting. 


I was starting to lose motivation this week and I stumbled across the picture on the left this day. So I scrolled through to find the pictures I took before I started with my trainer and I was so amazed at the side by side. (Same shirt but different sizes) 




Wednesday, April 4



Sunrise after my last training session. 


Jack was cracking himself up at breakfast by putting this truck on top of his cup, drinking it, the truck rolling off, giggling, and repeat. 





We had a chiropractic appointment this morning. I planned on taking the boys to a really fun museum that is right near the chiropractor after our appointment. I knew it would be busy with Spring break but I had no idea just how packed it would be. Sadly, we left after 10 minutes because it was too full to enjoy ourselves. On our way home I kept trying to think of new ideas for what we could do (weighing all the factors- time, lunch, naps, etc.). I decided to stop at the airport overlook so we could picnic and watch planes take off. It ended up being so much fun. It was really windy, but the boys loved it. 





Trying to take a photo of both boys but with the wind and the sun...these are what I got. 







After we watched the planes we went to the library and Luca picked out new books. Luca loves going to the library and prefers nonfiction books (usually about animals). Jack took a decent nap on the way to the library, which worked out well. 


After the library we came home and made a fish shaped cake. Lee picked out the cake pan a few weeks ago and we finally made it this day. Luca had been asking every few days since Lee gave it to him. 


Leaning in for a tighter shot...


...and a hand smash from Jack. 


Luca was ready! 



Jack was ready (hair brush and all)! 






After rest time, Jack was still napping so Luca and I snuggled up together on the couch and found a new Earth series. While we were watching, he grabbed my hand and held it as he watched. Be still my heart!


Time to frost and decorate! 




Our inspiration. 



Luca was so proud of his cake, he called Nana and Pops and invited them over for a piece. Nana was still at work so she couldn't come this day but Pops hopped right in his truck and came over. He had cake and read Luca a new library book. Bonus Pops time!




Luca put his sunglasses like that and said, "Look! I'm Pops!"


That was from Luca's devotional this night. Such a good word, and a truth I am just now fully learning and living. I loved talking about it with Luca, explaining it to him and praying it over him. 



Thursday, April 5



Work day for Momma, look who snuck in for a snuggle? 


Since Nana couldn't come for cake yesterday, she made sure she came after work this day. True love is my mom eating a piece of cake that is not chocolate. Because she has said before and I quote "I don't eat vanilla cake. It is a waste of calories." And I have never in my life seen her eat any kind of vanilla cake. Until this day. 


Nana's visit came with some special play time in Luca's room as well as a special drum concert for her and Jack to dance to. 




Friday, April 6



We stayed home and played all day this day. It was low key and really nice. 


Jack took a really good morning nap so Luca and I were able to build with Legos for quite a while. We were in the middle of building and he randomly says, "I'm thankful for you mommy. I'm a thankful boy. Because you are so sweet." Gah! He is so sweet, oh my heart! 


Post nap snuggles. 


Those curls! 


Lunch with these two will always be my favorite. 


After lunch we walked to see all the construction trucks working near our house. I think one of the operators saw us watching and started doing some real fancy moves in his excavator. He was spinning all the way around and made it so clear for us to see him lift and fill then dump his bucket. It was so awesome. I love that intentional kindness. It made our day. 



My mom stopped on her lunch break this day and did some clothes shopping for Luca. Since Jack doesn't need many clothes, she "couldn't not bring him something" so she bought him this little golfing set. After Lee got home and put it together, he showed Jack how to play. 







I was supposed to take Luca on a date this night after I went to an appointment. But I started to not feel well, so I cancelled my appointment and Lee made a Target run after Jack was in bed. Even though I wasn't feeling well, I decided to have a movie date with Luca. I am so glad I did, because it was the best way to spend my night. 





Saturday, April 7



Soccer was cancelled this day because it was raining. So I spent the morning cleaning the house while Lee played with the boys. 


After I was done cleaning, I had an eye doctor appointment. On my way home, I stopped at Trader Joe's to get groceries for the week. Once I got home with all the groceries and got them all put away, it was time to go to church. 


After church, I was putting Luca to bed and he asked if we could wrestle before we read books. So we waited for daddy to finish putting Jack to bed and momma asked if he could wrestle him instead. Because, Momma doesn't wrestle. 






I have heard them wrestle at bedtime before, but this was the first night I got to watch. It was probably the sweetest thing to witness, to hear their giggles and see the joy and pride beaming out of Lee and to see the joy and excitement beaming out of Luca. 

Lee is the best dad, it is so evident how much Luca and Jack adore him. They are so, so blessed to have Lee as the man they get to grow up watching and learning from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment