Wednesday, July 10, 2019

last week of June (2019), part one.

Sunday, June 23



The boys woke at my parents. My mom texted these to me- my dad and Jack were fishing and Luca was drawing. 



Lee and I got groceries in the morning and then went to pick up the boys once we had finished, right around lunchtime. 


At the Biltmore, I had this really good dark chocolate almond bark. So this day I made my own paleo version, which was even better.


Jack woke from his nap and was super snuggly. 


Playing with the hose out back cheered him right up. 



I wholeheartedly blame my dad for Luca's disinterest in photos. And the stink eye he gives me when I try and take his picture.


It was really hot out and I couldn't resist joining in on all the fun that the boys were having squirting one another. 











Momma's turn! 







We had SO much fun. I try really hard to be the mom that gets her hair wet more often than I am the mom thinking about her to do list. 



Monday, June 24


This day we woke and went to the chiropractor. Afterward, we went to a sweet friend's house to play. We were supposed to go to the park but it was really hot out this day so the boys opted for some backyard water fun that mostly ended up being playing inside in the AC. 

Jett and Jack. 


Luca had multiple ear infections and had fluid in his ear that wouldn't drain. His doctor recommended that we see an ENT. She told us that if the fluid was still present at that appointment, they would recommend putting tubes in Luca's ears. She commented that it was really odd that he was having so many ear infections when he never really had them before and most kids aren't 5.5 and needing tubes in their ears (prior to this spring, Luca had two ear infections in his life). 

I knew immediately what was going on. Luca has been getting adjusted since he was born. This year, when he was in Kindergarten, Jack and I went to get adjusted but Luca didn't due to his school schedule. So I immediately called (or texted because do people really call anyone these days?) my chiro BFF and told her we needed to arrange to be seen and explained all of Luca's issues (there was more stuff going on besides the fluid in his ears). So we started getting weekly chiro care. This day, about a month later, we went to the ENT, and when he looked in Luca's ears, there was NO FLUID. 

PRAISE JESUS! 

I am so thankful for a God who heals. I am so thankful for a God who designed our bodies to function properly. I am so thankful for chiropractors to help us maintain that wellness and allow our bodies to do what God designed them to do. 


These two kill me. They look so sweet sitting there. 

This was after a pretty exhausting waiting room few minutes that felt like hours. The appointment was during Jack's nap time and when he gets tired, he gest FEISTY. I was sweating by the time they called Luca's name. But those smiles make me forget that part, almost. 


He immediately fell asleep in the car. Thankfully, he transfers really well to his crib from the car. (He still naps for at least 2.5 hours each day!)


First lollipop! (I think?)



Luca accidentally broke a lamp this evening. Poor guy felt awful about it. He looked at me and apologized so many times and then started weeping. I will never forget that look on his face, it was terrible. But I could help it- I burst out laughing! Partly to make sure he knew it was no big deal and partly because, to be honest, I am surprised those beauties lasted as long as they did! 

This day was our actual anniversary. 9 years! 

Lee brought home take out and flowers and we had a low key night. It was perfect. We looked at our wedding album with the boys over dinner. Luca said the only person who really looked the same was Pops. 


Tuesday, June 25


These two. 



I worked this day so my dad came to stay with the boys. Luca drew that picture for him, and it blew me away! 


After I finished working we went to the playground so the boys could run. 

Wednesday, June 26




This is the best brownie mix. THE BEST. 


I took the boys to the pool this day. We had so much fun. They both love the big kid side and the little kid side so we went back and forth. Jack loved doing "cannon bolts" and climbing the ladder. Luca loves to float around on his own and see how far into the big kid side he can touch the ground.


It cracks me up that the boys both wear sunglasses regularly. I have a pair on me for each of them at all times because they legitimately wear them and keep them on. They both wear them over their ears or pushing out their ears though. I fix them and then somehow they're moved back? 






This song got me good this week. That part in particular. 



Abby texted me this and it made me laugh out loud. So true. 


I was working in the office at rest time and Luca made me a little scavenger hunt with pictures on sticky notes. 






The grand finale picture.


He was so excited/proud of himself. 


I had to run to get a few things for our Nashville trip so when Lee got home we grabbed Chick Fil A and had a car picnic and then ran errands together when we were done. 



Thursday, June 27


I worked this day and both boys came in to visit me and snuggle me a lot


Luca made me this. 




This popped up in my facebook memories and I can't believe how it's been 7 years and 4 babies ago! I remember this day perfectly- it was days before Lee and I moved to Charlotte.


This night we ate dinner and watched Frozen. Jack has never seen it and it had been years since Luca last watched. The part came where the parents' shipwrecks and Luca asked what happened. I kinda hesitated because ugh. But he asked again so I answered him. After I answered him I asked, "are you ok? how does that make you feel?" Because I wasn't sure how it would feel to see something like that when you're 5- but he goes, "well, I mean I am not happy that they died." And it made me laugh out loud. The way he said it sounded exactly like my dad. And how does a person even answer that question I asked anyway? 


My kids love trying to sit in this bucket for some reason. 





No comments:

Post a Comment