Friday, August 9, 2019

the beach! (part 1)

Sunday, July 14




I woke every morning and did my devotional overlooking the ocean watching the sunrise. It was one of the best parts of the entire week for me. I feel closer to God when I am in His creation. The ocean/beach/sunrises are so majestic and serve as the most beautiful reminder of who He is and how powerful He is. Sitting and reading His word while seeing what He created felt really incredible. 



Then the boys woke and we all sat and watched the waves roll in. 



Lee took the boys to play in the sand while I showered and got beach ready. Since it was raining and storming when we arrived the night before, we didn't get to go put our toes in the sand so they were eager to get down there and do so.














Our first day on the beach! We were all out this day, at the same time (for most of the day!). The yellow condos in the background were where we stayed. 




Josh was really into digging this hole/dug a lot of holes throughout the week. 





The kids LOVED Uncle Josh's love for hole digging. 




Sun bathing beauty. 




Luca loved to pretend that he was a Rescue Bot whose mission was the protect the humans from the waves. He was either defending me or I was a fellow Bot in on the mission.

Funny thing is, he wasn't really pretending, he was very serious about his mission. Sweet, rescuer boy. Jamya, went right along with his plan and played along. They did this for hours and hours all week long. 






After a day on the beach, we came in to do baths/naps. The view from our room was the best. 



H and my mom ran to the grocery store, Jamya and Luca were Rescue Bots, and the little guys napped. Jamya had no idea how to pose like a Bot. (Is she not the cutest?!)






After a few minutes, Luca stopped and taught her how to pose. 




I had to wake Jack from his nap, so he was very snuggly. We sat on the balcony while he woke up (his yawn!). I was trying to take a selfie with him and got that glamour shot of Sarah as an added bonus. 


Still see her! Haha, these make me laugh so hard (then and now, still).


H brought naturally gluten free sourdough pizza crusts from a bakery in CT, so we had a pizza night this night. We all made our own and it was perfect! And delicious. 





Watching them play together was my favorite. 


After the kids were in bed, me and all of my siblings went for a walk on the beach. It was one of my best parts of the week. 




Gosh I love them. And I am so thankful for each and every one of them and the time we got to spend together.





I love, love, love him. 


Gosh, he is the best part of my everyday.



I mean, how can I not?!


For some reason I don't have a picture of J and Abby in front of the moon?



The moon was so bright and beautiful, we all couldn't stop staring. 



Monday, July 15



Monday's sunrise. 




New day, new mask assignments.








Luca was ready to go and killing me with his towel backpack, shades, hat, and flip flops. 



Eating snacks and sand and sand covered snacks. That toddler beach life.



Each day, the tide went out pretty far which left little pools of water that the kids loved to play in. 





Luca really loved "surfing" this day. 



Wipe out! 





Naturally, Jack was into surfing this day too.






Jack's surfing quickly turned into this. 








Can I eat him though?




Ut oh...



Wipe out! 





I love Jack's face. I also love everyone in the background looking at something Uncle Josh found.



Isaac's turn!












That focus though. 




"I look like Uncle Gosh!" -Jack with a backwards hat




Jack's wet curls/hat killed me so I took like a million pictures. He refused to look at me though, he was too busy playing some sort of game with his feet and the waves. 





That handsome bearded man looked at me though. 




There it is! I got one with eye contact and a smile! 


Another game Luca and Jamya played all week was getting knocked over by the waves. I joined them on that one but it took me a whole lot longer to get up after each wave than it took for them. This is thirties I guess?







I love these photos of H and Jamya. The joy on their faces kills me. 







And then this happened, and the next series of photos are hysterical!! 






We opted to stand for photos where the waves were not breaking.








Sunset. 


My dad's cousin and her husband came over this night for dinner and games. Sarah and Lee opted out of games and sat on the balcony instead. Lame. J, Abby, and I all joined in on the games and had a great time (my team won, holla). I think H and Lou went for a dip in the ocean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment