Thursday, August 22, 2019

the beach! (part 2)

Tuesday, July 16





This morning's sunrise. 



Not interested in a selfie with momma. 


Almost all of my photos from this entire day are from Sarah. I didn't pick my phone up once to take a picture, which felt so nice! Especially since she took so many. 

I think another favorite part of vacation was all eating breakfast at the same time. Like this day, we were all in the kitchen eating at the same time. With so many people, that's no easy task! 

Also this day? J made me breakfast. He and Abby did a Whole30 in June and while on it, he started making a really delicious and healthy breakfast that he kept raving about. So I asked if he wanted to make it for me and he did. And it was just as good as he described it to be. Plus, I didn't have to make breakfast, and I literally got to sit in the chair and just enjoy being with everyone which felt like an extra gift. 

(I never noticed Isaac feeding Lou before but that is hysterical!)


Dad! 


Dad and Jack! 



Jamya, Lou, mom, me, Luca, Lee, Jack, H, Isaac, person I don't know. 

Riding the waves, which the boys LOVED. They would've done this all day every day if Lee and I had the strength to hold them/lift them that long. 






After playing in the water, Jack would request to go play in the sand for a bit. And then he would ask to go back down to the water. Luca pretty much preferred to stay in the water the entire time, unless Lee and I needed a break, then he happily played in the sand. 









Getting knocked over by the waves. See? It took me a lot longer to get up in between waves than it did for them. 




Jamya loved to see how strong she was and not let the waves get her down, Luca loved getting knocked down and did it every time on purpose, and I got "knocked over" every few times because it made them laugh, and also because it took me so long to get back up I needed a few breathers. 



And then I decided to stay on my knees for a bit. 





Jack is looking! 


Luca is looking! 


Jack puts his head way down. 


Luca takes it upon himself to try and get Jack to pick his head back up. 


Jack isn't thrilled with Luca touching him. 


Everyone's looking but Jack isn't happy about it. 






When I gave Jack a bath after the beach this day he had SO much sand in his hair. I couldn't figure out why?! Then I saw these pictures Sarah took later that night and it all made sense. 



There it goes- all the sand.








I see myself in Luca here. Also, he looks so grown up. 












Luca asked to go for a walk. 


Daddy and Jack joined us. 


We got about 10 feet down the beach and Luca decided he wanted to walk the other way, he insisted on it. 


So we turned around.




Sarah was teasing us, asking if we did that on purpose for the sake of a photo. Haha, nope! But it did work out nicely in that regard.


Ready for lunch! Each morning I packed our lunches but left them in the fridge. One of us went back up and grabbed it and brought it down while the other got the kids ready and reapplied sunscreen. 



Luca put himself down for a nap this day. He was really tired, which was genuine, but he for sure didn't sleep. He acted like he did though, which was so funny. He got up after about 5 minutes, pretended to have morning groggy voice and told Jamya,"I just took a nap."










This just made me laugh. Veggies and chocolate. The essentials on our family vacation.


Watching the sun rise each am and the moon rise each pm over the ocean was my favorite.




Everyone else went to bed, but we stayed up (late for me) to play Skip Bo. J won. (Not that he reads my blog, but I know he would want that noted.)





Wednesday, July 17



This morning, all the girls (except Jamya) woke to watch the sunrise on the beach. It was so much fun and was one of my favorite parts of the week. We woke, made tea/coffee, then walked out. It was fun, relaxing, breathtaking, and Spirit filled. 

I know I keep repeating myself but there is something so incredibly powerful about watching the sunrise over the ocean- His presence is just all over it. Every day. Everywhere. I just don't always pay attention to it. 


The sky was so cool because to the left we were watching the sun rise and to the right we were watching the moon set. No matter which direction you looked, the sky was absolutely beautiful.




Look at the sky though!!




Hahah, H is always the best at snapping the funniest candids at the best angles. 


Sarah's turn for a photo! 






My favorites. 



Abby's panoramic shot- so good.










No shame in our sunrise selfie game. 







At one point during the morning, this dad and his son came out and started fishing. We realized later that we had so many good photos of them that we accidently took while snapping photos of the sun. So H went over and asked if they wanted them, she got the dad's number and she texted him them all. He loved them! So much so he asked later in the day if we had any more! 












Jack woke Uncle Josh with Auntie Abby when we got back.



These photos are hysterical! I didn't see this happen until I was looking through photos to post here and I can't stop laughing. Josh is just so fun- he always, always, always makes us laugh by doing things we would never think up ourselves. 





Lee's smile! 





He is the epitome of a fun uncle! 







Lee woke this day with crazy swollen lips. So he walked to get some SPF chapstick and met us at the beach afterwards. 



These two look so similar to me- it's crazy!



Luca was super serious about helping Auntie Abby find shells with his new net Daddy brought back with him. 












All the kids (except Jack) were super into helping Auntie Abby find shells. Her bag filled quickly! 




See? She gets the best angles! 




Just doing some digging. 



All the heart eyes for these two. The hand holding?!


Uncle Josh spent so much time digging in the sand with the kids (and without the kids if we're being honest). But he was so patient and gentle and included them all and it was my favorite to witness. 







Playing with this busy boy! 












Jack sat and played like this for so long this day! 












I love his face. Especially those oreo stained lips.




His curls poking out of the back of his hat!


And his crossed feet!




These two.



Gosh, I could sit and watch this all day long. Every single day of my life.


These two went to try and catch some minnows, now that they had a net. They were trying to decide the best place to go.





When I went to check on them, they gave up on fishing and were throwing shells.









Cuties. 



We all went out to dinner this night. 


Which, in all honesty was my least favorite part of the week. It was nice in theory but finding a place for 13 people without a super long wait was not easy to find. The place we were going to go (had researched, etc) wasn't seating guests because their kitchen broke. So we had to find another place (along with many other tourists) to eat. No one could decide what to do when it became very clear none of the restaurants we would pick could accomodate us without a 1.5 hour wait. Which, with kids, obviously didn't work. 

Finally, Lee took it upon himself to go to Johnny Rocket's and found out there was no wait so he made the decision for the group and we all went there. It wasn't my favorite place to eat, but I was grateful to go somewhere where we could all sit together and be served and not have to clean up after we were done. 

Lou took these pictures in the middle of the "trying to figure it out" stage and they make me laugh so hard because you can see the frustration on everyone's faces. 

Also, it should be noted that we stopped to discuss it, with kids, right in front of a candy store. 




We were all happier once we were seated and being fed. 



After dinner, the boys were done- eating and sitting, so my mom took them out and found a man making animal balloons. 












Those faces!


After dinner, we (and Sarah) headed to Wal-Mart to buy a big griddle for Luca's birthday dinner. Sarah took this so I could send it to Luca who was waiting in the car. This movie (Luca's current favorite) came out in theaters on his birthday! 


Goodnight moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment