Tuesday, February 19, 2013

weeks 17 &18

I decided to lump these two weeks together, mostly because I didn't get around to posting last week. These two weeks were a little bit tough in that I got sick randomly- quite a bit. Which is never fun but I guess I will take random (usually about 3-4 times/days a week) over every day. The end of week 18 (the past few days) has been great- I am feeling really good and haven't been sick in a few days. :)

I wrote a few things down to post about- because I am FORGETFUL (which is something I wrote down). I honestly can't remember anything. I feel like my mom. When we were little she would make our school lunches and ask us each about 5 times what kind of sandwich we wanted. We always teased her (and still tease her) about it. But now, I do the same thing! The girls at work laugh at me because I will ask them what they want for a snack multiple times. Then, I get them the wrong thing anyways because I forgot what they said. I was fairly forgetful before, but this is bad! I hope I get some of my memory power back after July- or maybe I better shoot for next year around this time. Another thing I have noticed is that my skin is really dry and blotchy on my face. Which I am sure is a combination of the changing weather and pregnancy. But I could really do without that part because as frumpy and unattractive as I already feel- the red, blotchy skin doesn't help any.

I have been really into mashed potatoes lately. I really enjoy them and have made them quite a bit. Sorry Lee- although at least I am making dinner now! I think that's the only food I have really been "craving." (Again with the memory!) I FINALLY got my Highland Park Market chicken salad a few days ago when my sweet friend Mrs. Pat brought me some. And I am not going to lie- it was amazing and I may or may not have devoured it.

A big thing that has happened in these weeks too are that I am a lot more aware of the fact that there is a baby in my belly. Not only has he grown and I am slowly getting out of the "is she bloated?" phase, but I can feel him! I pushed on my stomach over the weekend and was able to feel where his body was. (Thanks again- Mrs. Pat!) It was AMAZING!!! I mean- I know he's in there but to feel him- to know exactly where his little mango sized body is, there aren't even any words! AND...I felt him kick! I have been feeling these little jabs every now and then, but I didn't realize what they were until today. I am just overjoyed! I love my sweet boy so much already, and I love feeling him more and more!

I think that's all for now. Plus, this is getting a bit lengthy. Here are some bump pictures:

week 17:




Week 18:








4 comments:

  1. Aw! That is incredible!! To feel his body?! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so good! You'll be so happy to look back at this journal. It all goes by so fast and though you think you'll always remember, you don't, so it's awesome that you're documenting it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you want peanut butter and jelly or peanut butter and fluff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My memory never came back 100%. But I have high hopes for the future!!!

    ReplyDelete