Friday, June 28, 2013

weeks 35 & 36

Not a whole lot has changed in the past few weeks. I am just getting more and more uncomfortable, I am sweating like it's my job, I am not sleeping as great as I have been (that's probably an understatement), and I frequent the bathroom approximately every 30 seconds. No joke.

At the end of week 36- severe discomfort really set in. Last weekend in particular, I hit my breaking point. I was frustrated because nothing really fits anymore, there isn't a comfortable position to sit in or lay in, I go to the bathroom so often that getting anything done- even if it's sitting through dinner- takes forever and feels impossible. I am feeling better about it all now- even though the discomfort level hasn't changed at all. I guess I am just not crying about it today. I think the lack of sleep at night doesn't help matters, so usually the day after a decent nights sleep I feel much more optimistic.

We are getting very eager to meet this little guy! We have everything ready, my hospital bag is packed, everything is set up, so now all we need is him! Even though I am uncomfortable and we are anxious to meet our son, I am still trying to savor as much time as I can with Lee. Knowing that we won't have time like this again, where it is just the two of us, I am soaking up each minute as best I can.

Here are some bump pictures:







* side note: I seriously have the most thoughtful friends. I had mentioned briefly about not sleeping well and about how I was kicking myself for not investing in a pregnancy pillow sooner when I was texting with them last weekend. (I don't even fully remember mentioning it, to be honest. It was so vague and brief, I am not sure how they even picked up on it.) On Monday, which happened to be me and Lee's anniversary, when Lee got home from work he said he had a surprise for me from my friends. They had called a store in Charlotte and bought me a pregnancy pillow, and asked Lee if he could pick it up on his way home from work for me. Isn't that the sweetest?? I am so grateful! I have been sleeping much more comfortably- thanks to their thoughtfulness! I obviously had to try it out as soon as Lee gave it to me. :) 





2 comments:

  1. You really do look amazing! Keep up the good work! Love u
    H

    ReplyDelete