Monday, February 5, 2018

2018, Week 2 (Jan 7-13)

Sunday, January 7




We went to Target this day, as a family. Jack loved that daddy was there so he could walk around the store as opposed to sitting in the cart. 


Luca asked to go on a date with me to get ice cream. While we were discussing ice cream on the cold day, we both decided that hot cocoa and cake pops sounded much better. We also went to his favorite toy store afterwards so he could look around. He is so much fun to be around, he has a really great personality. He is smart, easy to talk to, funny, easy going. And we are able to go to toy stores for fun without him throwing tantrums or asking for everything he sees. He enjoys the experience of it and didn't ask for me to buy him a toy once. 

Sidenote for some real talk: When I was pregnant and found out that Luca was a boy, my biggest fear was that we wouldn't bond as he got older. I worried that because we couldn't get manicures together, or go shopping together, or play dolls together that not only would we not be able to bond, but more importantly, that he wouldn't love me. I wondered if we would have anything to talk about or how we would play together. It is so funny to think about now because I have a 4 year old boy who loves me so deeply, I can see it in his actions, hear it in his words, and feel it in the depths of my soul. He asks me out on dates at least once a week. He is fiercely protective of me when something happens (even something as minor as Lee being silly and hitting my bum with a towel). He tells me he loves me about 4765 times a day. He will randomly stop what he is doing, walk over to me, and ask to hug me because "he loves me and wants to snuggle." And while I have had to do things I never thought I would do as a boy mom (like holding a live fish in my bare hands), the last thing in the world that I have to worry about, is bonding with my boys and wondering if they love me. 




Meanwhile, back at home with Daddy, Jack was doing some housework. 


I had to stop at the grocery store for a few things on our way home. Luca loved being the one to push the cart. 






Look at how he looks at his daddy. He is obsessed. 

                                
Monday, January 8



This was a typical day for us (with no plans and no work for me). We dropped Luca off at school, came back home and Jack napped. Picked Luca up from school, came home and made Jack and myself lunch while Luca finished his lunch from school. The boys went down for naps/rest time and we played when they woke. These type of days are my very favorite. Low key, simple, full of play. 



Jack, as previously mentioned, loves travel mugs. He saw this one on the counter and since I wasn't using it I let him have it. He was beyond excited about it. He snuggled it under his neck for the longest time. He walked around with it like that the entire afternoon. 





Luca loves to give hugs. Jack is learning to love them. He went from not liking them, to tolerating them, to enjoying them, to offering them to me randomly on his own (and others when they ask). 



Luca asked that I take his picture before his rest time to send to daddy at work. 



Tuesday, January 9



I hate waking Luca for school. Before school started, he would always sleep until after 8 am. Since school started, he has started waking pretty regularly around 7 am on his own. But some days, I have to wake him. And he acts like a teenager about it on those days. 


Another day, another travel coffee mug. 


Wednesday, January 10



Don't Luca's legs look so long?! He is getting so tall, so fast! 


After we dropped Luca at school this day, Jack and I went to a doctor's appointment for me. By the time the appointment was over there wasn't enough time to get back for an am nap for Jack, so I decided to go across the street and do some shopping. I had a few returns to make and I also rescheduled a lip wax appointment I had to previously cancel. 




I usually get my lip waxed and then go straight home. For some reason, this day, not only did I not go right home afterwards but it also happened to be the day that it was the most red it's ever been. This is 30's because I didn't even care. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 


Thursday, January 11

Today was a work day for me, or a "Pops day" as Luca calls it. 


The curled hair over the ears, just like Luca's, gets me every time. 



Having some serious phone conversations with Nana.



I finished working this day and laughed out loud at this scene. My dad by himself, seriously building, and the kids playing something else together, and not building or showing any interest in building. Also, my dad's face is so serious. I wonder where Luca gets that from?!


I walked into my bathroom to find this scene. Looks like something is about to go down. 


This was from over the weekend, but Lee sent it to me this day. Or I remembered to save it to my camera roll this day. Either way, their smiles kill me. 


Friday, January 12

This was our first (and probably last) time using this monster cart at Target. First of all, that thing is huge! Secondly, I don't know if my expectation for employees has been skewed (looking at you Chick Fil A!) but I just have such a high standard for what I expect from them. And Target employees are NOT the same as Chick Fil A employees. Our Target always seems to be restocking all the shelves when I go and trying to maneuver this ginormous cart with little to no help (or awareness) from the employees was just too much. Plus, these two beside each other just lead to hitting. Which really makes for a pleasant trip for all involved.  


Luca was trying to get Jack's attention for the picture...


...and Jack was not having it. 


Back off Luca! 


It was nice to have the cart to fill with things instead of starting out the trip with the cart full of kids. 


Luca requested a family date after our previous date earlier in the week. So we obliged and did what he requested (hot cocoa and cake pops again). Unfortunately for Luca the employee didn't make the kids hot cocoa and he burnt his mouth. So I can imagine that was our second and final hot cocoa for a long while. Also, it should be noted that Jack was not into the cake pop. Unless he is really hungry or knows with 100% certainty what a food item is, he refuses to take a bite. 



(See the blue crocs in Jack's hand? He became obsessed with them this week. He has to either be holding them or wearing them at all times.)


Saturday, January 13


Luca woke this day complaining of a stomach ache. He said he felt like he was going to throw up. It's important to note that ever since Luca had thrown up for the very first time a few weeks prior, he had a bit of PTSD and felt very fearful of throwing up again. I wasn't sure if he really had a stomach ache or if it was just him feeling nervous about it. 

I worked this day, so Lee was home with the boys, texting me updates. Turns out Luca did in fact need to throw up and proceeded to do so all day. Poor boy had his very first stomach bug. 



Playing "fort" with daddy and Jack before the bug got the best of him. 



Before I left for work this am Lee gave me tips for how not to sit at the reject table (he was the cool kid in high school, I was not). He told me to put my stuff down at the table before anyone else got there to secure my spot. It makes me laugh out loud remembering his "advice" and also how I actually used it for lunch with my parents.  


But it worked! My dad sat at the reject table. Only problem was, he could've cared less. 

The rest of this work day was full of texts from Lee about Luca. Me asking if I should come home early, him being baffled by Luca getting sick over and over again. I ended up working the full day I had intended to and stopped at Target on my way home to grab Luca a toy to help him feel better. When I got home, we just snuggled the rest of the night together. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't handle the boys' faces! And I love your dates with Luca and how those boys adore you. (The revisit to the reject table with the picture of your Dad?! So funny). So glad Luca is over that bug now. Not fun. And not fun to be away! Glad y'all got through it! xo

    ReplyDelete