Monday, February 5, 2018

2018, Week 3 (Jan 14-20)

Sunday, January 14



Luca woke this am and had stopped vomiting. He was complaining of a stomach ache but I had assumed it was because he was hungry. He slowly ate a bit and once he did he regained some strength. My parents agreed to watch the boys this afternoon so Lee and I could run a few errands and get some things done that would be easier/faster to get accomplished without them in tow. Since Luca seemed to be doing a better, we dropped them off to play at Nana and Pops while Lee and I ran our errands. 



My mom sent me this picture of Jack, his smile face kills me. 

After we picked the boys up, my parents went to get Josh from the airport. He flew in for the week to work with my mom and we were so excited to see him! It had been almost a year since we saw him last. They came over for dinner after they picked him up. Luca was so happy to see him, he loves his Uncle Josh and they seem to pick up where they left off whenever they see one another. 


Monday, January 15



Unfortunately, Jack woke with the stomach bug this am. He acted completely normal all day long, but couldn't keep anything down. 


So our day consisted of pj's and snuggles. Lee was off from work and Luca was off from school. It was helpful to have Lee home because a 1 year old with a stomach bug is challenging. And Luca was still complaining of a stomach ache and refused to eat much at all. 


Lee had to go out to pick up our car that was in the shop so I was with both boys by myself for a bit. I tried to get Jack to watch some Sesame Street to serve as a way to entertain him since momma was running out of ideas. He was into it for about 2 minutes. 


I found the best paleo chicken recipe, but usually when I make it the outer breading cooks too fast and browns/burns. This day I thought to use my cast iron skillet (not sure why I hadn't thought to do that before) and it came out perfectly. (I think I took this picture because my mom had dropped Chick Fil A off for Luca because he was asking for it, and since he hadn't been asking for much we appeased this request. Lee wanted Chick Fil A too- and passed on the meal I made for the meal my mom brought him. Which, killed me because they were basically the same meal!)



Tuesday, January 16



I told my dad not to come this day and I kept Luca home from school. He still wasn't eating much at all and complaining of a stomach ache. So we stayed home focusing on getting well, eating, and drinking. 


Jack woke this am and was hungry. He seemed to bounce back from the bug so quickly, though I suppose it's hard to know fully since he can't tell us in his own words yet. But he seemed to get his appetite back and act normally pretty quickly. 



Jack always loves to be near Luca, but I swear it's like he knew that Luca was sick. He didn't seem to leave his side while Luca was sick. 



First time coloring with his very own crayons. 


Watching him experience things for the first time is truly the best. Seeing the world through their lens- so magical and exciting.










Wednesday, January 17


Lee woke in the night with the stomach bug, so he was down for the count and I was on my own. It snowed this day as well, we got around 3 inches total, so Luca was off from school. Though I probably wouldn't have sent him to school anyway since he was acting back to normal but he wasn't eating much at all. 



Watching the snowfall.


Luca slept in super late this day and by the time he woke up it had started to snow. They had predicted snow but when I woke it was only raining. They usually hype snowstorms down here and where we live in SC, we almost never get the snow they predict anyway. So I figured that would be the case again for this storm. Needless to say the three inches we got was such a surprise!



Jack, still obsessed with his shoes. Luca, still obsessed with helping Jack. 


Luca always insists on wearing these goggles when it snows. He asked for them specifically this day, which cracked me up. He didn't see them and then remember. He remembered on his own. 


What is playing in the snow without Rescue Bots?






Our snow girl. We I built her and all Luca wanted to do was knock her over. 


We lasted outside for around 30 minutes (Jack was napping). Luca said he was cold and then expressed no interest in going out to play in the snow again for the rest of the day. He is a true southern boy I think, likes the snow at first and then realizes how cold it is and is over it pretty quickly. 


I started to decorate for Valentine's Day with the few things we had around the house. 




Feet up, as always! 




Luca wanted to dress up like Heatwave. 


Of course, when Luca was done Jack needed a turn. He loved wearing it and kept it on for a long time!









Thursday, January 18


I woke this day with the stomach bug, though I didn't have it nearly as bad as the boys did. I attribute that completely to Whole30. It was really interesting to feel the things that Luca had been complaining about. It all made complete sense when I got the bug. It made me feel even worse for him, and also made me think about just how strong he is for enduring it with not much complaining. 


Only picture I have from the day. Jack was obsessed with wearing that mask. He refused to take it off and if it fell off he would scream cry. 




Friday, January 19



Still obsessed with the mask. 


This is Jack's camera smile (his unnatural, "fake" smile). It makes me laugh because it looks like he is in pain.


We spent this day at home because I had to do all the laundry. I had my timer set and managed to get it all done in 1.5 days. I also spent the day cleaning and sanitizing all the surfaces. After a month of colds/strep and then a stomach bug- I wanted all the germs to be gone.


Jack has also started to really love wearing Luca's clothes. Like, he refuses to take it off for Luca to put on, obsessed. It is so funny to me because I remember doing the same thing with my sister, Heather, when we were little. I even wore her old glasses to school (when I didn't need them) because I wanted to be like her so badly. 






Luca asked that I document him putting his shirt on all by himself to send to daddy. 



Saturday, January 20 



I had a hair appointment this morning. Afterwards, I came home and picked up my boys, we grabbed lunch and then went to the office to see my brother. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see him at all this week because of the stomach bug. Which was a huge disappointment for all of us. 





Jack has become very into reading bedtime stories. He has two favorites, Goodnight Owl and Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? Though he will willingly listen to any and all books you are willing to read to him. During Goodnight Owl, I imitate all the animal sounds. For the bunny, I wiggle my nose. When he tries to do it he blows air through his nose and blinks really hard. Which kills me because when Luca was his age, he also loved the same book and did the exact same thing for the bunny. It is insane to me that not only is Luca not the baby on my lap, but he is 4.5 and I have another baby. Never cease to amaze me. 



1 comment:

  1. I also keep double-taking in my head that these big boys are both yours!! Jack could not be any more delicious and cute!! Him in the mask/costume?! I love how he gets faves and commits to them the way he does. So funny. All of your Whole30 food looks amazing. Wish I was eating it with you! And you are looking GOOD momma! xo

    ReplyDelete