Saturday, February 10, 2018

2018, Week 5 (Jan 28- Feb 3)

Sunday, January 28



We had a low key morning this day. We didn't rush to shower and get ready and then Lee went to get a haircut and have some time to himself and Sarah and I took the boys to Target to grab some things we needed. 



The position Lee was sitting in and the way he draped the blanket over himself made me laugh out loud. He looked like a Greek god. How lucky does that make me?!


Sweet face. 


After the boys naps/rest time we went over to my parents for dinner. It was so nice to have a homemade compliant meal that I didn't have to make. And the food was SO good. 


Monday, January 29



After we dropped Luca at school this am, Jack and I ran a few errands with Auntie. While she was in the post office mailing her prints (because she has a print shop!), we hung out in the car. 


I love finding Luca's art work, handwriting, etc. all over the house. It is just so cool to see, makes me smile every time I find a new piece I hadn't seen before. 


Jack is obsessed with reading. This am, Jack didn't really nap and kept going back and forth between me and Sarah asking us to read to him. It lasted a really long time. 





His face! 


After school, Luca snuggled up with Auntie to look at Rescue Bots on her phone. 


Then Jack joined the party with books. 



They sure do love their Auntie! 


Tuesday, January 30



Jack stole Luca's shirt and insisted on wearing it around. He was so happy! Until Luca needed to put it on so he could go to school. 






I asked Luca if he wanted to have a special date with me at home (I want him to know going on dates doesn't always mean there needs to be sugary treats or going out but rather it's about who you're with and the time spent together that matters most). So after Jack went to bed, Luca and I came downstairs and had our date. I gave him some options of what we could do but he picked the activity, which was that I draw him Rescue Bots (not print them already drawn like I suggested since I have zero artistic ability when it comes to drawing free hand) and he colored them in. So that's what we did and I loved it. I think he did too. 


Wednesday, January 31



Jack was particularly fussy this am, but I couldn't console him as I was making breakfast for everyone. Next thing I know he is calm, all thanks to his sweet big brother. 

After we dropped Luca at school this am, Jack and I ran a few errands. I feel like I go to Target 2547 a week, and I always try and condense it so I don't have to go that often but every time I get home I find something I forgot we needed. This time, I couldn't wait until the weekend to grab it. So on this trip, I thought ahead and grabbed all the things I would need to get for the following week to be sure I wouldn't need to go again a few days later. 


I am not super into matching the boys in the same exact clothes but I thought these shirts were so sweet. Lee vetoed it though so, they didn't come home with us. 


Home Goods, why you so good?! Almost went home with this. Wish I had, because I think about it daily now. 


Since my Whole30 was technically over this day, I went to Whole Foods to go get these compliant ingredient crackers I thought about my entire Whole30. They were so good too, ps. Well worth the trip. (Also, even though I was done with Whole30, I still had two more weeks of eating almost perfectly compliant as I decided this time around I was going to reintroduce foods like the book suggests. I didn't do that with my first Whole30 and always wished I had.)


He is the sweetest shopping buddy. (Also, his mullet is real. But when it isn't straight it curls and I will not cut those curls. For a very long time. They are my absolute favorite.)


I grabbed a hat for Luca at Target since I realized he didn't have one that fit. 





After his rest time, Luca came into my room with this bag full of toys over his shoulder and proudly exclaimed, "Look mom! I am just like you!"


These two. This was mostly sweet. There was some minor pushing because they both wanted to be in the middle, but overall they were so pleased with themselves to be sitting on the "bench" together. 


Jack's sweet smile- not only can you not see the smile when he poses this way, but you can barely see his face at all. Kills me. 


These two pictures, these two boys. Oh my heart! 



I made fried cauliflower rice for the first time this day (legumes day). 


Making himself comfy on this "bench". His ability to turn everything into a seat kills me. 


Thursday, February 1



My dad got sick with a stomach bug on Tuesday night, so he didn't come this day. Which worked out well for me because I didn't really have any work to do anyways. This was the only photo from the day, which was full of extra cuddles with my boys since I didn't have to work.


Friday, February 2


I took the boys to Trader Joe's this am. I don't love going to Trader Joe's with both kids by myself because 1. their carts are small 2. that store is always, always busy 3. getting groceries with two kids in tow is just always a bit harder. However, I was trying to get all of my "adulting" tasks done before the weekend so that we could have both weekend days to just have fun and be together (it was my first Saturday not working since the New Year). 

It needs to be noted that the boys both did SO well at Trader Joe's. Which is the norm for them, most of the time. Luca was a great helper, had a great attitude (even though he couldn't ride in the cart which is what he prefers), and helped distract Jack who just kept trying to turn around in the cart and grab all the things. 



Jack fell asleep a few minutes before we got home so we sat in the car for a bit to let him sleep. Luca kept silently staring at him sleep. It was the sweetest thing. 



That smile! Looks forced and painful but it's what he does when I say "smile!" Kills.Me.


After naps, Luca started watching a movie he earned for doing so well at the store. After Jack woke, he sat and snuggled with us for quite a while (such a rare treat).




I love how he looks at his brother. 


Jack was super snuggly this entire afternoon. 


Eating grapes and loving them this day! Another food victory. 


After Lee got home this night I went out for a lip wax appointment. I also decided it was best I went bra shopping while I had the time and was out. I hate bra shopping. This occasion was no different. It has never been and probably will never be an enjoyable experience for me. I also just realized that I made a return at Target too this night, which makes for 3 trips in a 6 day time span. Awesome. 


Saturday, February 3



This day was such a good one. I had scheduled a hair cut for Luca at the salon where I go, which isn't super close to where we live. However, the salon is very close to our favorite park and a yummy donut shop. So we made a fun day out of it. We started by getting donuts, then went to the park, then got his hair cut. 



The face you make when you see daddy, your #1 guy. 



Give me your best " I am so excited for donuts!" face.





Jack didn't eat a donut, not one bite. He was more into holding that fork than he was the donuts. For the record, I didn't have a donut either. Stuck to my Whole30 food reintroduction guns, which, I will be honest, wasn't super easy this morning. 


After haircuts, we went to the mall to grab lunch (since I could only eat at Chipotle and the boys don't eat food there) and we promised Luca we could look at the lego store. After that, we came home for late naps/rest time. 



Grilling outside with daddy. 


Ever since our "at home" date, Luca has been super into having "play dates" where he comes up with an activity for us to do. This was his first "play date" where he had a specific plan for what we played, who played with which toy, and where we sat. So after dinner, that is what we did. 


Snuggles while daddy gave Luca a bath. 


Pre bedtime stories. By himself and all cozy. 




1 comment:

  1. What a fun hair-cut day! The best kind, all together. You're looking good and glow-y, Momma! I love seeing Luca's handwriting. And Jack in that cart?! You must smooch him up and down the aisles! xo

    ReplyDelete