Friday, February 2, 2018

2018, Week 1 (Dec 31- Jan 6)

Sunday, December 31

Lee and I planned to start Whole30 on the 1st so I ran a bunch of errands getting our pantry and fridge stocked for that. After I did all that, we just stayed in and hung out.




Wearing his new Nike track suit (which is the cutest, am I right?!).


Reading together. Jack had just started becoming interested in reading books. Prior to this he wouldn't sit still long enough, but now he loves it. Especially when Luca is doing it, because he has to do everything Luca does. Everything


Lee ran out to grab a soda, his last soda before Whole30. He came home with two, which made me laugh out loud. When I mentioned it he said "I am going out in a blaze of glory."




Jack loves to feed himself yogurt. He insists that he do it, however he gets very frustrated at his lack of ability/coordination. When we try and help him, that upsets him even more. Makes for an interesting dining experience, that's for sure. 




New Years Eve consisted of wearing our PJ's, hanging together on the couch, and attempting to watch the ball drop on TV. Those photos are the most unflattering of me, but we had so much fun laughing together and I want it documented. Plus, that last one of Lee's smile gets me every time. It should also be noted that we went to bed around 10 pm, and I never felt so good about any decision I have ever made in my life. 


Sarah and I made peanut clusters before Christmas, which are a holiday favorite of mine. This one in particular she and I called the "reject cluster" because it had lost a peanut somehow, and throughout the week we never chose to eat that particular one. However, when it was the last one and my Whole30 Eve, I ate it. And snapped a picture to send to her. 


Monday, January 1




Happy New Year! 


Today was day 1 of our whole30. Lee and I both started it together. We didn't do much this day besides hang out at home together. 



Jack insisted on wearing Luca's backpack, which, as you can see is the size of his entire body. 



Jack was napping, Lee was showering, and Luca was cracking me up. He had the most serious photo shoot with his rescue bots. He would position them in certain ways, reposition, take some away, add some in. And he would change the angle at which he held his camera (the iPad), he would prop it up on his foot, leg, angle it downward, change the filter, etc. He did this for almost an hour and was silent and serious the entire time. It was hysterical and also the cutest. 







His new track suit. I am not sure who loves these more, the boys or their Nana who buys them!  


Whole30 lunch. 






If anything sums up their personalities, it would be watching them play the drums together. Luca is so serious, and Jack is not. Both are having the best time, but they show it in opposite ways. As evidenced in the photos below. 







Luca finally let loose and played passionately (without focusing as hard) and it ended in him losing a stick, hitting his hand, and then crying. So. I doubt he will "let loose" again. He is so much like his momma in this way, it's crazy to see! 


This guy has no problem letting loose. Ever. 


Sitting the same way. 


His crossed feet, his cheeks, his lips. I mean, come on. 


I was in the office doing something, and Luca walked in so proudly saying "look! I am carrying these in my pockets!" 



Tuesday, January 2

Today was back to reality and our normal schedules- Luca started back at school and I worked. 


Jack loves to be near Luca. Even if Luca is oblivious, Jack just has to be near. I think it is just the sweetest thing, to see how deep his love for his brother runs even at the age of one. 


Bedtime! 


Lee caved at the end of day 2 and ate cereal. So I continued on my whole30 journey without him. 



Wednesday, January 3


I asked Luca if I could take his picture, and Jack decided he was in the mood for a photo shoot. He walked right over and stood there smiling like a champ.



I was so hopeful that maybe this meant I could get a nice photo of the two of them! But Luca wasn't as into it as Jack was. 





Luca was over it pretty quickly, but Jack was loving it! 




His little foot! 


Coaching Jack up the stairs, such a thoughtful big brother. 


The lego creation Luca made "for your office!" during rest time this day, a lego head tower. 






Post nap crib hangs while I fold laundry. 


Luca trying to get away from Jack's swat, and Jack is "surfing" on the pillow. 



He loves paleo nachos! 


We bribed offered Luca an incentive to take his medicine like a big boy. Ever since he was a baby he has hated taking medicine. I am not even sure hate is a strong enough word. Thankfully, we have only had to give it once or twice prior to this. Since he is now a bit older, he was able to choose to take it without a fight (literally). All it took was talk of buying two new rescue bots. They arrived in the mail this day so naturally, he requested I take his photos with them. 

In robot mode. 


Whenever Luca has to cough but he is in the middle of speaking to you, he does this. And I just find it to be hysterical. The pointer finger, "please hold, I have more to say but need to cough all the coughs first. Thank you for your time."


And a photo in car mode. 




Our nightly bedtime drum session. 



Thursday, January 4



Today was a typical work day for me. 


I mean, just take a minute let those verses sink in.


Jack literally has to do all the things Luca does. Luca eats peanut butter waffle and wipes his mouth after almost every bite, so Jack just has to do the same. 


Sweet brothers. 


During my talks with Sarah about 2018, I shared with her how our family word is "breakthrough" and all the reasons why we chose it, what it means for us, how it would impact our year, etc. While she was here, she saw this print on social media and showed it to me. It was everything I had said to her (in a lot fewer words) in print form! After she left, she secretly ordered it for me and it arrived this day. Which was just such good timing. This week I felt like I was running on empty, but God kept speaking to me in ways like this. "I am here, T. I hear you and I see you. Keep leaning into me, I am here." I am so grateful for Him, His promises, how He uses people all around us to speak through, and for faithful stewards like my sister who hear His call and obey. 


Friday, January 5



Luca has Fridays off from school, so we stayed home this day to ensure Jack got both of his naps and also to recover from a week back to our normal routine which exhausted us all. 


Jack started doing this new thing this day where he would hide his ball and then do that above pose. As if he had no idea where his ball went and was very seriously looking at you like that like, "but where did it go?" And then he would get the ball and do it all over again. He did this all morning. And I took pictures of him doing it all morning. Because that face! 







Hiding the ball


Inquiring about the "lost" ball



Finding the ball. 


And repeat. 




Lee's mom made me a pillow when Lee and I were dating with a photo of us on it. Luca found it years ago and has become very attached to it. He sleeps with it every night and will even wake in the night if it falls off his bed/he can't find it. We had a minor scare where I accidentally washed it on the wrong cycle (during our month of colds in December- it got washed like 6 times) and it ripped a little. Thankfully it was sewn back together (thanks mom!) and a crisis was averted. But we did think it was wise to ask Lee's mom to make a back up, and also one for Jack since Luca loves his so much. So she did and they arrived this day. Are these not the cutest?! Such a great lovey for kids!





 Playing together in the pantry. This may be their favorite place to play in our entire house for some reason. 


I cut myself and Jack was OBSESSED with my band aid. Literally entertained him all day. 


Playing doctor, I was getting my leg examined by the doctor and his sweet assistant.


Lee during dinner...


...me during dinner. 

Just kidding, he is usually the one doing the dishes or giving baths while I finish eating (I think I am a super slow eater/I always eat last). Though I did find it funny that this night after he finished eating he went to lounge while I did not get to lounge.


Pre bedtime dance parties are my absolute favorite. 




Re-enacting a scene from Trolls per Luca's request. I was Poppy and he was Branch. Clearly.





Saturday, January 6



I offered to go into the office and work all of the Saturdays (but one) in January to help my mom who was drowning in work. 


Everyone ordered Panera for lunch. I ate my complaint meal, all alone at the reject table. 


Twinning coworkers! 


My new favorite thing to do is set the roomba to go, then go upstairs and do our bed time routine with the boys, and come down to clean floors. It feels amazing. 


We hung up our new print/declaration in our kitchen, on a wall we see as soon as we walk in the door. 

2 comments:

  1. Luca's "hold on a second" finger and Jack's "where'd the ball go??" face and hands made me laugh out loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The track suits, the photoshoot, the finger point, the print (<3!!), and Jack's ball-finding...all kill me! Love that Sarah found that print, where you hung it, and that you'll get to look back on it at this time next year with continued praise and gratitude. Also, the reject table made me laugh! xoxo

    ReplyDelete