Monday, February 12, 2018

2018, Week 6 (Feb 4-10)

Sunday, Febraury 4


Super Bowl Sunday! We didn't have any plans for this day except to stay in and get ready for the Super Bowl. Which was the best kind of day- no rushing around, no errands, just quality play time with my favorites. 






His smile face. 







"Hey wait, where is my belly?"





After Jack went down for his nap, Luca asked Lee and me if we wanted to have a "play date" with him. He set up all his Rescue Bots and we had a "battle." We had the most fun playing, running around, daddy chasing us with a blanket over his head, daddy making mommy "fly" up on his feet, lots of laughing, just the best time all around. Honestly, I wish I could do this kind of day over and over and over. 



Lee is the best dad. Hands down. Our boys are so lucky to have him. And I am so lucky he is my partner. 


Crazy bed hair = a good nap. 


(those lashes though!)


His favorite spot. There is even a seat for him in there, how perfect! 


My favorite smile pose that we can't see! 





Big snuggles for Momma! The best! 




"There is no stronger bond than the one between a Momma and her cubs" (from African Cats).





Ready for the Super Bowl! (Also, Jack's shoes! I found some new ones this day- light up Pumas that he loved. He would rotate between the crocs and the sneakers all day long.)



They were both so into it. Especially Luca. They danced and danced during all the singing at the beginning. 



Luca kept insisting I sit on the couch with him and watch. He kept asking why I wasn't sitting. Once Jack went to bed, I had to make our food. I finally got to sit with him and we had the best time. He really enjoyed the game, but I think he mostly liked the extra time he got with us staying up a little past his bedtime. It was his first time watching the Super Bowl. 






The Patriots offensive coordinator looked just like Billy Riggins to me, so I screen capped it to send to my sisters. 



Monday, February 5

Jack had feeding therapy this am after we dropped Luca at school. At our session, we got a new bottle to use to teach Jack how to drink from a straw since the tips and tricks she gave us weren't working. At the beginning of the session Jack screamed at the sight of the new cup. At the end of the session, he was successfully drinking from the straw all on his own. My momma heart was beaming with pride. So incredibly proud of how hard my boy has worked on something that was so hard for him. 


I posted this on my instastory. Luca got up from his rest time and I was in the office finishing up some things. I came out to see the couch had been moved. His explanation and his explanation stance killed me. If I could record what he says and how he sounds when he says it all day long, I would. His voice and the things he says and how he says them kills me. 




Tuesday, February 6

This was a work day for me. 


Jack insisted he wear that hat and the one shoe. 



When Jack is really happy and excited it seems to just want to burst out of him. His whole upper body tightens, he clenches his fists, grits his teeth, raises his shoulders, shakes his head and torso, and smiles the biggest smile. I love when he does this. It is like he is just so happy and excited, he simply can not contain it.


Dairy day! Which, turns out, wasn't that great because dairy and I are not the best of friends anymore.  Or ever, but I was blind to the truth. But I must say, I definitely enjoyed that ice cream. Even if it meant poor sleep. 


I also watched This Is Us. And cried all the tears, sorta loudly. 


Wednesday, February 7


A neighbor is a personal trainer so I signed up for a month of sessions with her (1 with her and then 2 workouts she writes for me to do at home). This was my first morning meeting with her. One of my goals for 2018 is get stronger- to be able to do push ups, pull ups, and just feel better physically all around. I feel like I have a good grasp on eating well/clean and now I need to get my physical fitness to where it should be as well. 


From my devotional this morning. I just love this truth about how God prepares you for things in ways that may seem unconventional or unrelated to the job He has for you. Or maybe where you are feels like a completely different place than where you want to be, where you are called to be. Regardless, God uses all of it to shape us into who He wants us to be and how He is going to use us. We just need to give each day our all, believing in who God is and trusting the plan He has for us. We don't see the bigger picture, but He does. We just need to walk in faith and obey, while He orchestrates the rest.


Super serious straw drinker. 


How Luca uses his napkin cracks me up. I feel like there is order in his "mess," a method to how he cleans his face/hands off, which may be how all kids do it, but it kills me nonetheless. Again, he is clearly my son. 


Another day, more chair climbs. 







I feel like he looks so old in those photos! 


Thursday, February 8


 A little too much peanut butter on his waffle...oops! 


Already drinking like a pro! 
(I want to note that the special cup the therapist gave us was what I imagine was a DIY hair dye bottle with a make shift straw. What made it so helpful was that when Jack closed his lips around it, I was able to lightly squeeze the bottle and allow milk to flow up the straw, which taught him how to do it. So fascinating to me! Plus the straw was able to be really short, which forced his lips to close over it and not let him bite it, which was what he did with the sippy cup and why he couldn't figure out the straw to begin with.)


Work visitor, my favorite.


Friday, February 9


My favorite Jack face! The excited/joy bursting out of him face. I was so excited I captured it here, unintentionally. 

The boys and I ran to Target this am since Jack skipped his am nap. 


After Target and over lunch, Luca was drawing Rescue Bots. That was his first one, which he gave to me. Chase is his current favorite bot, it changes each day but he always seems to come back to loving Chase. 


During Jack's pm nap, Luca set up a "play date" for us. Complete with a long talk about the rules before we could play. 



Saturday, February 10


Doing our "mommy & me" workout from my trainer. The boys loved it! Luca lasted quite a while, Jack lost interest pretty quickly. A lot of the workout she wrote incorporated them in each exercise. Since Jack was done after two rounds, so I had to improvise. Using Luca in place of Jack was a bit harder but just as great. And he loved it. 








Lee took this one of Jack and it just kills me. He became really into these boots this day. He would rotate between these, his sneakers, and no shoes. All day long. He often sits on that small tote of manga tiles and just relaxes. As evidenced by the photo above. 


My parents asked if they could take the boys for a sleepover this night, so after my mom got out of work we dropped them off. Then Lee and I headed to the mall to eat dinner and do a few things we were needing to do. Pottery Barn Kids in our mall is closing so all their stock was on major sale. After we got home from the mall we watched the Olympics while Lee assembled furniture. 



(He opted to build this one right in my line of vision...)


Finished products! 


2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your day (s). The pictures kill me! So cute and sweet...I just love you all so much Auntie Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack's smile and excitement face KILL me! And his style preferences! I just want to squeeze that little man!! Looks like a wonderful week. Luca is getting so so big! Loved that Under Armor outfit! xo

    ReplyDelete