Friday, June 14, 2019

Kindergarten Graduation

Our sweet Luca graduated from Kindergarten on May 23, 2019. It was a year full of growing, and we couldn't be more proud of how Luca adapted, learned, and matured. 


Our sweet graduate. 



I made his cake and did other DIY projects for his graduation day to prepare the day before. 



I made my own candy & crayon bouquet instead of flowers.


These are the books we gave to Luca as a gift. We wrote notes on the inside covers, which he loves to read (he is super sentimental like his momma).


The cake! Gangs all there- his bots and his hyenas! 


The morning of the big day! He was really excited. 


Clearly. 



My big boy! 



Lee dropped Luca at school and then waited in his car for a bit and then went in and got us seats. Jack and I arrived a bit later. 


(Josh and Abby are there too- beside my dad who was clearly so ready for the "waiting for it to begin" selfie.)


There he is! 



His smile and wave kill me! 





After they walked in they sang two songs. One was to the tune of The Addams Family but with Kindergarten lyrics and the other was to the tune of "Dynamite" but with Kindergarten lyrics. It was really cute- there were so many words and hand motions, I couldn't believe they remembered it all! Luca was standing behind a boy who was taller than him so we couldn't see much of his sweet face, but the glimpses we caught were the best. 





After they were done, Luca made his "phew, I'm exhausted!" faces while breathing heavily. He is so dramatic! 



There he is, walking across that stage like a big boy! Bestill my heart. 


(They said to hold applause until the end but I still follow my own rule of "feel free to woo" and went ahead and did just that. So proud of all he accomplished this year!)





There is his class, the one he ended the year with. (His original teacher retired in February and they moved all of his original class to join the other four classes.)


After the ceremony, the teachers hosted a little celebration in the classroom. They played a slideshow from the year and had some treats. We got to take Luca home with us after it was over, because though he graduated, his last day was actually a week later. 



The teacher on the left was the assistant in his original class, the two on the right are from the new class. (Mrs. Fleck, Mrs. McCallum, Mrs. Trammell)


After graduation, we went to brunch. The boys ate pancakes and it was really fun. Josh, Abby, and my parents all came. 


After brunch, we went back to our house for cake, gifts, and to play. It was really fun to be together, everyone came back too which was so, so nice.
















Jack wanted to be in the picture and insisted on "helping" hold the cake too. 



His teachers gifted him with that scrapbook page and cup. 





After everyone left, Luca sang me a part of the Dynamite song. 




Then we played outside with the hose. 




(He looks so old to me here!)



Luca wrote me an extra special message, which caught me off guard at first. 
"Thank you for my books." :) 

It was a great day, we are so proud of you Luca loo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment