Thursday, June 13, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

A week before Mother's Day, Luca's class hosted a "Mother's Day Spa" and it was the best experience. The whole thing was just so special, I am so grateful I get to be a mom. I always dreamed of becoming a mom, it's all I ever really wanted to be "when I grew up". In addition, it was just really cool to watch how his teachers taught all the kids how to honor others and put others' needs before their own. That is such a great life lesson, one that I am grateful is being reinforced at school. 

Here is how the spa day went:

When I arrived they had signs lining the hallway to the spa.



 Once at his classroom, they had portraits all the kids made up on the wall and we had a sticky note with our kid's name on it and we had to guess which portrait was us. 



 On the table where I sat, they had a little paper purse that held “moms spa-cial” cards and a sheet with questions "all about my mom". Here is how Luca answered the questions about me: 

Age: twenty
Weight: 12
Job: to keep me safe 
Her favorite song: Jesus songs 
Her favorite food: corn 
Her favorite color: white 
Her favorite place: grocery store 
Her favorite game: trolls trouble 




Once the class arrived, the kids came in and sang a song about how if they could put their love in a box for us they would so we could hold it close to our hearts and then they had these little boxes that were pins and had their picture inside.






They had different stations: hair, makeup, nail painting, snacks, massages and we all rotated around to each. Luca was so thorough and serious as he did all the things. Especially my makeup. He told me to close my eyes and then my lips. At the end they handed out all the mom pictures and said who was who. Then they had a photo booth that said “I love my mom because...” Luca wrote out a sentence strip that said “you print me pictures” and we took a picture in front of the wall while he held up his sentence strip. On the way to the car I said “I’m going to put my beautiful picture up here” and he said “I like when you say that” and when I asked why he said it made him feel special.  






(Luca had no idea how to work that hair tie, so I had to teach him.)









(see the clip floating around in the back of my head? I had a few of those guys, haha!)


After Luca gave me a massage he said, "these kinda look like cheetah's" Hahah, typical Luca! 



Luca unintentionally painted my nails and matched my shirt!


I wore it all proudly the entire day. It was truly one of the best days ever!


On Saturday of Mother's Day weekend we tried out a new donut shop, ironically called "Your Mom's Donuts". 







This Mother's Day was so special. Lee was so intentional and thoughtful in planning and executing the day. He sent an evite out to my parents and all of my siblings inviting everyone to our house to grill (which he asked if that was a good plan first, before creating the evite). He included all the important details and was so giddy when someone RSVPed. He was the cutest! Packages arrived in the mail the week before too, so he had some fun spoiling me. He went out on Saturday during the boy's rest time and got all the things he needed for food, orchestrated all the details with everyone privately, and put on a beautiful spread. He was an excellent host. He thought of all the things. The whole day was really special, his intentionality in honoring me (and my mom) was so obvious and I was (and still am) so grateful for it. 


They started out the day by bringing me breakfast in bed and brought up my gifts. (They had given me two gifts the day before because Lee is the worst at waiting because he gets too excited to give!)


("crayons quit" drawing)




Luca is SO lovey. In any sentimental moment, he gets this look on his face and needs to snuggle immediately. 




He insisted I read him some of one of my new books. 


Hosting at our house means we eat in all the places. 


Lee grilled steak, veggies, corn on the cob, bought fruit, and potato salad. He also provided apps! He went to a special bakery I love too and got me and Abby GF/DF cupcakes and bought a cake for my mom. 





Sweet, thoughtful man. 


What started as a simple "can you take a picture of me and my mom?" turned into quite the photo shoot. 












These photos/memories kill me! J pointed out I had one speck of glitter in my eyebrow and then proceeded to do this...





We chatted and took selfies (and laughed) while the boys rested. 





When Jack woke, he wanted uncle "gosh" snuggles only. 




After everyone left, the boys had the best time playing in the hose/bucket. Their favorite thing to do. 




I texted this picture to Sarah because not only is it hysterical #boymom, but I also pointed out that I know the name of each animal and how to tell them all apart #seriousboymom. 



No comments:

Post a Comment